Cocoonjs Cloud Compiler

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:35 pm

Curious to know what are peoples experiences of the time it takes for the Cocoonjs Cloud Compiler service to process and compiler an upload. I found originally it took a few minutes but currently have an upload processing for the best part of 24 hours.
B
G

Post » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:32 am

as someone said before it takes about 3mins only
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:47 am

Yeah it's usually quite quick, but I have also had my project still processing 6 hours later, and it's only 4MB. Maybe they're having server issues right now or the queue to process is full?

I've only experienced any slowness today though, so we'll see how tomorrow goes!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:39 pm

I guess their servers may occasionally have outages, especially since the service is new. I imagine it would typically always complete in under 10 minutes.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:46 pm

I've been waiting over 24 hours, glad to see someone else is wondering what's up
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:39 pm

Some people had problems this weekend with the cloud system.
Is should be working fine now.

Could you please try to compile again.

Let me know if it works, please.

Thanks!

--
support@ludei.com

----

Seems to be working well now.
B
G

Post » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:09 pm

just to warn you, the cloud compilation produces android apk requiring users to accept following permissions:

android.permission.CAMERA
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
android.permission.INTERNET
android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE
android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE
android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION
android.permission.VIBRATE
android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED

don't know how about ios files, but in android's google play store these are a sign NOT to download the game, because a simple game, shouldn't have access to users location, boot completed signal, camera, etc.

i asked ludei if there could be some kind of control over these permissions though.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Same problem with you, Ranma.
Ludei must give a option for Android Permission in their Cloud System.

Is there a tool to recompile .apk for Android, so it can be changed only spesific part like change permission, change version, etc.

I have try this Ludei Cloud a few hours ago, for the result of compilation, there are:
-Xcode Project for iOS
-debug signed.apk
-released unsigned.apk

But, i think i haven't upload my keystore in Ludei Cloud System.
So, what's mean from signed.apk from compilation?
Enlik Tjioe
Game Programmer

www.touchten.com
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:38 pm

the signed apk is for testing purposes, you can upload and test it on your device before deployment. the release unsigned.apk is the final application that you will upload to google play store after you signed and aligned it manually (this can be a bit of pain for newbies, but trust me, it's better than automatic signing like appmobi does - you retain the possibility to change cocoonjs to any other library anytime, while with appmobi - you HAVE TO stick with them as you won't be able to update your app).

as for signing and aligning the apk -> http://wiki.ludei.com/cocoonjs:androidapk
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:08 pm

[QUOTE=ranma] just to warn you, the cloud compilation produces android apk requiring users to accept following permissions:

android.permission.CAMERA
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
android.permission.INTERNET
android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE
android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE
android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION
android.permission.VIBRATE
android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED

don't know how about ios files, but in android's google play store these are a sign NOT to download the game, because a simple game, shouldn't have access to users location, boot completed signal, camera, etc.

i asked ludei if there could be some kind of control over these permissions though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for bringing this up with them, ranma! I was going to put an inquiry into them this evening about it. As you said, excessive permissions tend to be a nasty stigma for an app especially on the Google Play store. Look at any app with excessive permissions and you'll see plenty of low score reviews with complaints. This is especially a problem for simple games where little to no permissions should be required, unless there is a specific purpose thoroughly explained.

I'm having a small group test my game on their devices tonight, so for now I'll just have to forewarn them that I have no control over the permissions that are required. Though, hopefully I will be able to remove those in time.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct 2 General