Cocoonjs Cloud Compiler

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • Curious to know what are peoples experiences of the time it takes for the Cocoonjs Cloud Compiler service to process and compiler an upload. I found originally it took a few minutes but currently have an upload processing for the best part of 24 hours.

• as someone said before it takes about 3mins only

• Yeah it's usually quite quick, but I have also had my project still processing 6 hours later, and it's only 4MB. Maybe they're having server issues right now or the queue to process is full?

I've only experienced any slowness today though, so we'll see how tomorrow goes!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I guess their servers may occasionally have outages, especially since the service is new. I imagine it would typically always complete in under 10 minutes.

• I've been waiting over 24 hours, glad to see someone else is wondering what's up

• Some people had problems this weekend with the cloud system.

Is should be working fine now.

Could you please try to compile again.

Let me know if it works, please.

Thanks!

--

supportcjs@ludei.com

----

Seems to be working well now.

• just to warn you, the cloud compilation produces android apk requiring users to accept following permissions:

android.permission.CAMERA

android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

android.permission.INTERNET

android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION

android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE

android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE

android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION

android.permission.VIBRATE

android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED

don't know how about ios files, but in android's google play store these are a sign NOT to download the game, because a simple game, shouldn't have access to users location, boot completed signal, camera, etc.

i asked ludei if there could be some kind of control over these permissions though.

• Same problem with you, Ranma.

Ludei must give a option for Android Permission in their Cloud System.

Is there a tool to recompile .apk for Android, so it can be changed only spesific part like change permission, change version, etc.

I have try this Ludei Cloud a few hours ago, for the result of compilation, there are:

-Xcode Project for iOS

-debug signed.apk

-released unsigned.apk

But, i think i haven't upload my keystore in Ludei Cloud System.

So, what's mean from signed.apk from compilation?

• the signed apk is for testing purposes, you can upload and test it on your device before deployment. the release unsigned.apk is the final application that you will upload to google play store after you signed and aligned it manually (this can be a bit of pain for newbies, but trust me, it's better than automatic signing like appmobi does - you retain the possibility to change cocoonjs to any other library anytime, while with appmobi - you HAVE TO stick with them as you won't be able to update your app).

as for signing and aligning the apk -> http://wiki.ludei.com/cocoonjs:androidapk

• just to warn you, the cloud compilation produces android apk requiring users to accept following permissions:

android.permission.CAMERA

android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

android.permission.INTERNET

android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION

android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE

android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE

android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION

android.permission.VIBRATE

android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED

don't know how about ios files, but in android's google play store these are a sign NOT to download the game, because a simple game, shouldn't have access to users location, boot completed signal, camera, etc.

i asked ludei if there could be some kind of control over these permissions though.

Thanks for bringing this up with them, ranma! I was going to put an inquiry into them this evening about it. As you said, excessive permissions tend to be a nasty stigma for an app especially on the Google Play store. Look at any app with excessive permissions and you'll see plenty of low score reviews with complaints. This is especially a problem for simple games where little to no permissions should be required, unless there is a specific purpose thoroughly explained.

I'm having a small group test my game on their devices tonight, so for now I'll just have to forewarn them that I have no control over the permissions that are required. Though, hopefully I will be able to remove those in time.

• Hi, can i expect the same performance in the compiled version, that i have in the launcher?

I am getting an amazing performance in the launcher!

• Thanks for bringing this up with them, ranma! I was going to put an inquiry into them this evening about it. As you said, excessive permissions tend to be a nasty stigma for an app especially on the Google Play store. Look at any app with excessive permissions and you'll see plenty of low score reviews with complaints. This is especially a problem for simple games where little to no permissions should be required, unless there is a specific purpose thoroughly explained.yup, thats, why despite what Iker from ludei said:

It will take some time. We are rebuilding some cloud stuff so you can define which extensions you want to use and thus, setup the proper manifest for each project. In the meantime, our experience in android is that many users do not care too much about permissions so you could upload the game.im actually not going to publish my app, and risk low scores based on permissions being to rough for a simple game. but, they said that they are going to do it, so, as always, we have to wait...

• Hi, can i expect the same performance in the compiled version, that i have in the launcher?

I am getting an amazing performance in the launcher!

Yeah, I find it pretty spot on. An older version wasn't properly reporting the correct FPS for me in the launcher on my Galaxy Tab, but it seems to work great now.

The only discrepancy I've had between the launcher and the compiled version is that in the launcher, text objects appear extremely tiny, but the compiled version is the proper font size, though it doesn't use the proper font type in either of them. I need to give the spritefont plugin another shot and see if it's working for CocoonJS now.

• Yeah, I find it pretty spot on. An older version wasn't properly reporting the correct FPS for me in the launcher on my Galaxy Tab, but it seems to work great now.

The only discrepancy I've had between the launcher and the compiled version is that in the launcher, text objects appear extremely tiny, but the compiled version is the proper font size, though it doesn't use the proper font type in either of them. I need to give the spritefont plugin another shot and see if it's working for CocoonJS now.

Tks, this is very promising!

Yes spritefont is a must have in any game, i hope it works in cocoon.

• The CocoonJS Launcher app was just updated yesterday - might be worth another shot if you had problems, since I think it fixes a number of bugs.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)