Cocoonjs Cloud Compiler

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:19 am

Hi, can i expect the same performance in the compiled version, that i have in the launcher?
I am getting an amazing performance in the launcher!cesisco2012-09-11 00:20:05
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:36 am

[QUOTE=Crazyhowie]
Thanks for bringing this up with them, ranma! I was going to put an inquiry into them this evening about it. As you said, excessive permissions tend to be a nasty stigma for an app especially on the Google Play store. Look at any app with excessive permissions and you'll see plenty of low score reviews with complaints. This is especially a problem for simple games where little to no permissions should be required, unless there is a specific purpose thoroughly explained.[/QUOTE] yup, thats, why despite what Iker from ludei said:
[quote=Iker from Ludei]It will take some time. We are rebuilding some cloud stuff so you can define which extensions you want to use and thus, setup the proper manifest for each project. In the meantime, our experience in android is that many users do not care too much about permissions so you could upload the game.[/quote] im actually not going to publish my app, and risk low scores based on permissions being to rough for a simple game. but, they said that they are going to do it, so, as always, we have to wait...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:33 am

[QUOTE=cesisco] Hi, can i expect the same performance in the compiled version, that i have in the launcher?
I am getting an amazing performance in the launcher![/QUOTE]
Yeah, I find it pretty spot on. An older version wasn't properly reporting the correct FPS for me in the launcher on my Galaxy Tab, but it seems to work great now.

The only discrepancy I've had between the launcher and the compiled version is that in the launcher, text objects appear extremely tiny, but the compiled version is the proper font size, though it doesn't use the proper font type in either of them. I need to give the spritefont plugin another shot and see if it's working for CocoonJS now.Crazyhowie2012-09-11 06:33:42
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:52 am

[QUOTE=Crazyhowie]
Yeah, I find it pretty spot on. An older version wasn't properly reporting the correct FPS for me in the launcher on my Galaxy Tab, but it seems to work great now.

The only discrepancy I've had between the launcher and the compiled version is that in the launcher, text objects appear extremely tiny, but the compiled version is the proper font size, though it doesn't use the proper font type in either of them. I need to give the spritefont plugin another shot and see if it's working for CocoonJS now.[/QUOTE]

Tks, this is very promising!
Yes spritefont is a must have in any game, i hope it works in cocoon.cesisco2012-09-11 10:53:44
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:03 am

The CocoonJS Launcher app was just updated yesterday - might be worth another shot if you had problems, since I think it fixes a number of bugs.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:43 pm

I'd be very interested to see a permissions option on the cloud compiler.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:31 pm

@ranma sorry for the bump ..
I just hope to know what is the update regarding the android permission thingie?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:06 pm

You still can't edit them from Cocoon, however you can decompile the apk with apktool, edit the manifest and recompile using apktool. It's a work around until Cocoon adds the functionality.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:50 am

Cool! Thanks everyone~ now it just the matter of learning how to do it..

You know, construct 2 may really help non-programmer to make game, but to a non-programmer, android sdk, eclipse, and those other stuff is still really a big obstacle!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General