CocoonJS error

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Hi

Due to the nature of my app, I cannot provide a capx file.

But here is the error I receive:

JSUtlities Exception: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: sessionStorage Cause: Tag: requestAnimationFrame Function: function() {b.Ec();}

This is from a page where I tell it to automatically navigate to a new layout after x seconds using the following method:

System - Trigger Once:

-> Wait 3 seconds

-> Go to layout "Home"

On the next layout I do use the WebStorage object to check if a key exists in Session Storage first, and then its value.

• Does removing the WebStorage object fix it? I believe CocoonJS only implements local storage, not session storage. Why do you need session storage anyway? It should have the same life span as a global variable. I'm considering deprecating session storage for that reason.

• It might do. Will try it tomorrow (it's 7pm here, work is done for the day).

What would you say is a "maximum" global variable count? I just don't want to get to a situation where I start using too many....

I am using the session storage for certain tags and also conditions per level. If I can use variables for that then I will move over to it.

Thanks Ash.

• You can use an unlimited number of global variables, and it will probably not have any measurable effect on memory and performance.

• Hi,

don't know if this is the correct place to write this o should i open a new thread, but anyway, the title of this treath is the same as my problem, so i will post it here, correct me if wrong.

Can not post the .capx because is for commercial purpose.

But i'm getting this error:

JSUtilities Exception: TypeError: Result of expression 'a.canvas' [undefined] is not an object. Cause: Tag: timer Function: function () {a.go();}

Can't figure out what it's.

Thanks in advance....

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Behamut, please don't cross post - see my other post about posting a bug report.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)