cocoonJS fonts

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:36 pm

@0+1

Got it, only took me like forever

Sooo.. I thought you had to place the fonts in the zip in a folder called fonts. Also when I was first doing this I must have got the case wrong.

Thank you for your help.

Just to recap for others on how to use a local font in CocoonJS:

1) You need to import the font into the Files directory in your project (right click on Files and choose Import).

2) The file-name should be Font + FontStyle and of the same case. Example I had a font called Tw Cen MT with a style called Condensed Extra Bold, so full file-name is Tw Cen MT Condensed Extra Bold.tff

3) Every time you export to cocoonJS, open the zip and rename font file to be correct case (it always default to lower-case).
labithiotis2013-02-17 19:37:34
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 29, 2013 10:40 am

@labithiotis so you mean to say it should be lower case? or its originally in lower case?
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 29, 2013 5:00 pm

@psyko666

Yer, you have to make sure and in my case use some trial and error.

you just need to make sure the fond you add (manually remember) to the exported zip is in the same case as shown when picking it inside construct 2.

So in my example i used Tw Cen MT with a style called Condensed Extra Bold, so full file-name is "Tw Cen MT Condensed Extra Bold.tff"
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 30, 2013 3:47 am

@labithiotis oh i see, thanks me, just clearing something up :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 30, 2013 6:17 am

@labithiotis

i've followed everyone's steps here but still to no avail, after exporting it from construct 2 with all your suggestions,same filename capitalization etc. although i did not find any fonts folder, is it by default? is it wrong? am i doing it wrong? hoping for a reply thanks!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?