CocoonJS Launcher app

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:24 am

@all

Ludei is fantastic! I have installed now the cocoonJS Launcher app.

I will do now my first tests with it! I let you know what happend....

Thanks!

Karl

B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:36 am

good luck , just let us know what happen ^^ does it worked on your tablets too?? or they looks like a phone app??
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:14 pm

I followed the instructions and got the Launcher app working on my iPad. So now I have it running on android and iOS.

It is amazing how good the performance is. I get over 100 frames/s on levels with up to 10 physics objects.

There are still some bugs though:

1. App seems to randomly crash on certain levels.
2. Audio doesn't stop and start as it should.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:44 pm

@superkew

yes, i have the same problems with the Launcher. Some randomly crashes...but i think Ludei will work on it.

The Perfomace is amazing...

Karl
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:37 pm

Did they get the launcher approved for appstore yet?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:31 pm

Hey guys,

Just in case you didn't see the link from the other thread, here is the APK download:
http://storage.cocoonjsservice.ludei.com/CocoonJSLauncher.apk

@superkew Thanks for sharing the results.

Please, let us know the specific error messages, how/when the crashes happen on our developer support page so that we can improve it in the future.

Thanks guys!ludei2012-07-16 23:32:20
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:38 am

@Ludei

Is there some sort of logging in the app? I don't get an error message, the app just exits. If I can open the log, I will gladly send the results.

The only two things I can think of that might cause the crash are the audio streams, I have code that changes the background music between layouts, but it doesn't work, the first track keeps playing.

The other is that I have 3 objects with quite complex collision polygons.

The sounds and music work much better on the iOS version, compared to the Android version.

Oh, and on the website, the link to show how to load the zips onto the iOS app goes to nowhere - but I Googled to figure it out.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:36 pm

I posted some more results on the Ludei forum. Here it is for those interested. The only 3rd party plugin that I use is "Function"

On the iOS devices the game will crash, at random times. There is no error reported on the console, and I am not sure if there is a way to catch error logs. Also the sound doesn't work 100%. Also on one of the iPhones, not all of the images render.

On my android device there are no crashes, the sounds works less - but I think you know about this issue.

Is there any way I can help in resolving these issues? If needed I can export a partial version of the project, but only if it will help.

So by using the same construct export file, and the same launcher these are the issues:

Samsung Galaxy S3 (ICS): Sound issues, no crashing.
iPad 2: Better sound, random crashing.
iPhone 4s: Better sound, random crashing.
iPhone 4: Better sound, almost no images (sprites) load. Haven't experienced crashing yet.
Sony Experia X10: Will test later and update.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:05 pm

Hello everyone,

Iam new in the construct comunity and works with the cocoonjs launcher in ios (iphone4).
Everytime Ive started my app in the launcher, there is no way out to startscreen! Ive stopped launching by using the iphone-button and restart it there is only the endscreen of my app but not the startscreen from the launcher. Is there anywhere a backbutton or something like that?

The launchers startscreen Ill only see again after restart my iphone!
B

Post » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:36 pm

Restart phone? Maybe try closing the app as you would any other app on iPhone.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General