CocoonJS launcher is updated to 1.4 in Android

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Pack filled with intense 10 single futuristic Grenade Launcher shot sound effects.
  • I just updated it and my framerate is almost 60fps! Which was 30 fps before.

Is there anybody checked this out?

• Yeah, confirmed, my game always run 25-40 fps, now it's 60 all the time, and i can't see any lag or fps drop suddently. :)) Now, look forward to layout by layout loading.

• shaircast,

This is great news. I will report my own tests here when I have completed them.

• Nice! I'm also getting a pretty constant 60fps. Now I just need Construct 2 updated to fix the collision disabling and I can finally finalise my game through mobile testing!

• They also changed their cloud compile service pages and also demo in the launcher. I wonder CocoonJS plugin in stable version of C2 works in the new one. I think actions about ads doesnt work well now for me. Any report?

• Updated both CocoonJS launcher and C2 to r136. Now am getting a stable framerate above 59fps with physics keeping up. Thanks ludei and Ashley!

• Has Ashley even updated r136 for CocoonJS 1.4?

• My FPS is much better in a lot of my games! :D However, my games are freezing when I touch the button I made to switch to another layout. Also I am experiencing other freezes and even a crash in another situation. I guess Scirra has to update construct to work with the new webgl support in cocoon?

• Performance has gone DOWN for me.

Any updates of the Text object in particular seem do bring Cocoon 1.4 to its knees.

FPS drops from 62 to 11 when i make 5 Text objects display 5 different touches with int(Touch.XAt(#)) for example.

Also any games, including Scirra's own Space Blaster experience hickups every time a new resource has to be loaded in - like a new type of enemy.

• ludei I just used the cloud compile and I am having major issues that weren't present in the previous compiler. The old Sprite Font issue that I had reported to you (Emailed Carlos with Capx and screenshots) earlier has not been resolved. I am happy to replace all my old sprite font stuff with the new official one, however, I will check to see if that is working first.

But more worryingly my app no longer responds to touch. i.e., I click on the buttons and nothing happens.

• Sorry, Ive been away for a bit.. Does cocoonJS have gamepad controls? I tried an export from a few months back on my Ouya, ran well!

Does this update include gamepads?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Performance has gone DOWN for me.

Any updates of the Text object in particular seem do bring Cocoon 1.4 to its knees.

FPS drops from 62 to 11 when i make a Text object display int(Touch.X) for example.

Also any games, including Scirra's own Space Blaster experience hickups every time a new resource has to be loaded in - like a new type of enemy.

Though that`s just an example, this may be able to help you about the text things:

http://www.scirra.com/forum/why-are-text-objects-more-intensive-with-webgl_topic65487.html

• I'm using R136, when i touch any button to switch to another layout, the game is freeze and stop working. Anyone confirm it's a bug in cocoonjs ?

• farsmile90 sounds the same as the problem I am having. Ashley it will be interesting to see what you discover.

• r136 has a particles bug on Cocoonjs.if your layout exist paticles will cause error. delete particle instance and try.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)