CocoonJS launcher is updated to 1.4 in Android

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:06 pm

Well after a few more experiments i can say it's definately the webgl renderer of cocoonjs that breaks everything...

here is my simple test project:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45711709/cocoonTest.capx

when webgl is enabled it looks like this on my phone (Sony Xperia Z):

when canvas is enabled it looks how it should:

overall a disappointing "update" :(

i was really looking forward to use webgl in my mobile games :(
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:29 pm

ok my game works with webgl but it is slow im going to change without it and see what happens. i needed to update it so i had to use this new system. i only have one background music running now. seems to cause lag to have more than one.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:14 am

@ludei I've just come to know there's new beta, r137. I'm not an expert so I like to use stable version but there's something new about CCJS and physics, and my game needs both. I launched new version of C2, added some Clay.io features, exported in CCJS. Now ads are shown, which didn't before, but when it went to layout which uses physics, the screen went black and I couldn't see anything.
It was made to apply force on the object when you touch the screen, and instead of it, console showed some error messages like this

B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:40 am

Hey there, I love the performance boost on my SGS1 with WebGL! Comparing it by switching it off and on, I get like 47fps with it off on a relatively empty project, and a solid 57fps with it on (I believe this is the max it will go on any project)
Haven't had time to read through this thread but I'll say what I'm having problems with (All of it is related to physics)

-Physics doesn't handle the Collision Box of sprites correctly, things are appearing sunk into the floor and stuff from it.
-"Disable collisions with object" doesn't appear to work.
-Crash when I apply torque (Screenshot below!)

I'm pretty happy regardless but yeah :P

B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:05 am

With CocoonJS launcher my game runs with solid 58FPS on Android tablet and phone, but after I use CocoonJS Cloud service to export I get the version of my game without webGL enabled. Does anyone have any good idea why is this? I have exported my project from Construct2 with WEbGL enabled.

One major problem that I have with the launcher and cloud service, is that the music plays over already playing song. If anyone tries to run their games and then receive a phone call, full screen ad or just do something with their phones while the game is running in the background everything is OK before they wan't to return to the running game, then the music plays over the old music as many times as the user leaves the app and comes back.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:06 pm

@Nemo I was having this same issue. The option in the root of your project (whatever your game is called) called 'Pause on Unfocus' should fix this issue of the game still running (along with music) when you were not using the app. It did for me, anyways.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:03 pm

Just wondering, we've seen a lot of posts on here saying "Woop, it's faster now!" (me included) but I've since tested my game, and although it's faster, it still doesn't work. Crashes when trying to change layouts.

So yeah, how many people are using this for their game with multiple layout, sound, physics, etc, and actually getting it to work?
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

Nintendo Wii U Developer using Construct 2
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:38 am

@AnD4d and @nemo, i have a same problem that all of you have, i've tested all of my games and most of my games not work, if i'm turn off physic and try to remove some button and layout, it's work again, and i know we'll have a better result in the next upgrade of c2. :)) But some of my game have many object and fighting effect, it's still show me 61 fps, very smooth.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:45 am

Someone has problems with old spritefont in new cocoonjs?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:51 am

It seems there are many bugs, but Ashley already said they are working together with Ludei to fix them. Patience! I'm still waiting for the iOS version, so I can't test my own games yet.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General