CocoonJS now has wkwebview, massive FPS boosts on mobile

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:49 am

From the benchmarks I can see, I have to say WOW.
If only they didn't force users to use their logo, offered a payment model to remove it or something.

If we get this performance on HTML 5 phonegap or whatever for iOS, it would be highly delicious.


http://blog.ludei.com/cocoonjs-announces-webview-for-ios-8-publish-wkwebview-powered-standalone-apps/
B
37
S
6
G
1
Posts: 301
Reputation: 2,865

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:55 am

wow, very interesting. i'll have to try my games with it.

also i agree, i wish they had a more straightforward way of paying to remove the logo
B
63
S
12
G
6
Posts: 456
Reputation: 8,981

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:01 am

@ludei, if you made a one time payment of $20 to remove your splash screen, you'd probably make a quick mil.
B
19
S
5
G
2
Posts: 72
Reputation: 1,846

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:34 am

@Ashley don't give up on @Ludei.
Image
B
20
S
4
Posts: 105
Reputation: 2,315

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:48 am

@Ludei I'd pay a 100$ for removal of logo and removal of limit of 200MB per app. :)
B
37
S
6
G
1
Posts: 301
Reputation: 2,865

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:36 am

Yeah this stuff is great, but it works only with 32bit devices, on iphone 5s and newer, wkwebview will fallback to uiwebview, so, waiting for a next release.
B
22
S
9
G
7
Posts: 421
Reputation: 6,543

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:08 am

Hello,

Sisyphus wrote:Yeah this stuff is great, but it works only with 32bit devices, on iphone 5s and newer, wkwebview will fallback to uiwebview, so, waiting for a next release.


Yes, you are right. The WKWebView has a bug running on 64 bit devices within a 32 bit app. We are already working on adding 64 bit compilations to CocoonJS, so the WKWebView will soon be available on 64 bit devices.

About removing the Splash, you can contact our sales team at sales[at]ludei.com and they will help you. Right now it is the only information I can provide you. However, I can tell you we are listening to your demands and we will take them into account.

Regards.
B
9
S
4
G
4
Posts: 383
Reputation: 3,616

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:09 pm

When the Ludei cloud console updated for the last update I assumed this was the new option added found at 'Projects / Services / Splashes'

@Ludei I take it that isn't the case?
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
19
S
5
G
1
Posts: 614
Reputation: 2,542

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:34 pm

ludei wrote:Hello,

Sisyphus wrote:Yeah this stuff is great, but it works only with 32bit devices, on iphone 5s and newer, wkwebview will fallback to uiwebview, so, waiting for a next release.


Yes, you are right. The WKWebView has a bug running on 64 bit devices within a 32 bit app. We are already working on adding 64 bit compilations to CocoonJS, so the WKWebView will soon be available on 64 bit devices.

About removing the Splash, you can contact our sales team at sales[at]ludei.com and they will help you. Right now it is the only information I can provide you. However, I can tell you we are listening to your demands and we will take them into account.

Regards.

Hope you will add 64bit compilations until 1 Feb 2015, i heard apple will not accept apps (and delete from appstore) that don't support 64bit archs. I will rebuild my apps with your webview+ when you update it, it's a big deal.
B
22
S
9
G
7
Posts: 421
Reputation: 6,543

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:52 pm

Sisyphus wrote:Hope you will add 64bit compilations until 1 Feb 2015, i heard apple will not accept apps (and delete from appstore) that don't support 64bit archs.

Yes, we are aware of it. It will be ready soon, as it is one of our priorities. I can't tell you an exact date, but we are working on it right now.

TheWyrm wrote:When the Ludei cloud console updated for the last update I assumed this was the new option added found at 'Projects / Services / Splashes'

No, I am sorry, it is not for replacing the Splash. That section is for you to customize your own Splash apart from the one that comes by default. The game would keep both of them.

Regards.
B
9
S
4
G
4
Posts: 383
Reputation: 3,616

Next

Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sockratease and 4 guests