CocoonJS now has wkwebview, massive FPS boosts on mobile

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create a game inspired by great arcade classics as Operation Wolf
  • From the benchmarks I can see, I have to say WOW.

If only they didn't force users to use their logo, offered a payment model to remove it or something.

If we get this performance on HTML 5 phonegap or whatever for iOS, it would be highly delicious.

http://blog.ludei.com/cocoonjs-announces-webview-for-ios-8-publish-wkwebview-powered-standalone-apps/

• wow, very interesting. i'll have to try my games with it.

also i agree, i wish they had a more straightforward way of paying to remove the logo

• ludei, if you made a one time payment of $20 to remove your splash screen, you'd probably make a quick mil.

• Ashley don't give up on

• ludei I'd pay a 100$ for removal of logo and removal of limit of 200MB per app.

• Yeah this stuff is great, but it works only with 32bit devices, on iphone 5s and newer, wkwebview will fallback to uiwebview, so, waiting for a next release.

• Hello,

Yeah this stuff is great, but it works only with 32bit devices, on iphone 5s and newer, wkwebview will fallback to uiwebview, so, waiting for a next release.

Yes, you are right. The WKWebView has a bug running on 64 bit devices within a 32 bit app. We are already working on adding 64 bit compilations to CocoonJS, so the WKWebView will soon be available on 64 bit devices.

About removing the Splash, you can contact our sales team at sales[at]ludei.com and they will help you. Right now it is the only information I can provide you. However, I can tell you we are listening to your demands and we will take them into account.

Regards.

• When the Ludei cloud console updated for the last update I assumed this was the new option added found at 'Projects / Services / Splashes'

ludei I take it that isn't the case?

• Hello,

> Yeah this stuff is great, but it works only with 32bit devices, on iphone 5s and newer, wkwebview will fallback to uiwebview, so, waiting for a next release.

>

Yes, you are right. The WKWebView has a bug running on 64 bit devices within a 32 bit app. We are already working on adding 64 bit compilations to CocoonJS, so the WKWebView will soon be available on 64 bit devices.

About removing the Splash, you can contact our sales team at sales[at]ludei.com and they will help you. Right now it is the only information I can provide you. However, I can tell you we are listening to your demands and we will take them into account.

Regards.

Hope you will add 64bit compilations until 1 Feb 2015, i heard apple will not accept apps (and delete from appstore) that don't support 64bit archs. I will rebuild my apps with your webview+ when you update it, it's a big deal.

• Hope you will add 64bit compilations until 1 Feb 2015, i heard apple will not accept apps (and delete from appstore) that don't support 64bit archs.

Yes, we are aware of it. It will be ready soon, as it is one of our priorities. I can't tell you an exact date, but we are working on it right now.

When the Ludei cloud console updated for the last update I assumed this was the new option added found at 'Projects / Services / Splashes'

No, I am sorry, it is not for replacing the Splash. That section is for you to customize your own Splash apart from the one that comes by default. The game would keep both of them.

Regards.

• is the wkwebview method supported only on ios 8 ?

• is the wkwebview method supported only on ios 8 ?

Yes, it's an iOS 8 API.

• Great job ludei

Keep up the competition to make everyone involved in HTML5 for mobiles keep on pushing for greatness!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello,

We have a new plugin update. Please, have a look at it, because we fixed an important issue regarding the Webview+.

https://github.com/ludei/Construct-2-plugin

There was a problem with the screencanvas when using it on non canvas+ environments (as the new Webview+).

It should work fine now.

Regards.

• Thank you Ludei!!!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)