Cocoonjs performance

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • When I try my game on my Nexus 7 it runs 60 fps. But on my wifes huawei g510 it barely loads a level. How can there be such a big difference? How is the experience of other people? Is there something I can do?

Thanks in advance, sorry for my english.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • On my Galaxy X S2 (or something like that?) my games run at 28-30 FPS, which is "playable" but kind of laggy and annoying. On my girlfriend's Nexus 4, they work perfectly (60fps). It depends on the device, I guess...

• Thanks for your response. Maybe you could try my game, its on playstore called Borun. I would like to know if it runs on other devices.

• Thanks for your response. Maybe you could try my game, its on playstore called Borun. I would like to know if it runs on other devices.

Hey Furdy,

I'm having the same problem, i played your game and i get low fps, also in a simple proyect i'm making it happens the same thing... low fps.

i'm using an S3 Mini...

Is someone having the same problem con iPhones?

Is it something that is happening only on CocoonJS?

• I tend to get better performance when I export with the Intel XDK (Crosswalk).

Borun runs OK on my device. It is a bit laggy, but not game breaking.

• Thanks all for trying it out. I hope there will be a fix for the future.

• Furdy There's no "fix", except you need to optimize your game better for mobiles. The power gap between a Nexus 7 and some crap generic android device is MASSIVE.

You cannot make any game with some complexity to run well on all devices, you need to target a "minimum spec".

• Thanx for your response Silverforce,

I have always kept in mind to not use effect, not to many sprites on screen( preferably not more then 20) I also read this tutorial performance-tips-for-mobile-games.

However when I use Pixelround off and sampling to point. My "gamecharacter" keeps shaking and everything gets more blurry and there is no increase in fps. Also webgl on or off no difference. As far as I can see there are no loops.

If you have suggestion in combination with Ludei plz let me know.

* I do find it weird that my old galaxy ace my game runs very slow, but still start. and on my wife Huawei g510 it won't even start.

• I think that in further versions of CocoonJS the performance will boost or somehow a new way of compiling will come out...but for now we have to stick with this performance.

Guess HTML5 is still young

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)