CocoonJS plugin updates

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:10 am

Thanks for the replies @Ludei, just wanted to make clear that the problem still exists.
At the moment I am waiting anxiously to test the new release ^^
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:18 am

@Ludei

Another doubt, in this new version, you can remove unwanted permissions?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:01 pm

There is an updated blog post and a new version 2.1 has been added -> http://blog.ludei.com/cocoonjs-latest-releases/

Ludei mentioned that they were going to update to 3.0.0. So not quite sure what's going and if they have fixed the memory issue that was reported.
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:13 pm

Interesting.

@Ludei any word on this?

I'll recompile my demo memory capx I sent them when I get home and see if anything has changed.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:07 pm

Very strange, I hope @Ludei give some new's soon. When it's possible, inform the results @ArcadEd
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:17 am

I actually think this is fixed. The memory management. I noticed it right away as there was a pause when switching between layouts, like stuff was loading.

My screenshots confirm. I'll try to gather up everything to make sure i am not crazy.

There is still a 40mb difference between the C2 debugger and what the activity monitor in Xcode says.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:35 am

I didn't do as much as I did the first time I did this, but here is a comparison from CJS Compiler 2.0.1 and the new 2.1. You can see there is a definite difference. We can wait for @Ludei to confirm what they changed.

B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:02 am

I recompiled my hungry hal game with 2.1 and it ran much better. However the loading layout doesn't work anymore, I'm guessing because it's not loading all assets at once anymore?

Also, the loading between layouts is obviously doing something because it takes a while to move to a layout with lots of graphics, like my game layout. I am wondering if there is a way to show a loading progress for that?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:57 am

Hello everyone,

TheWyrm wrote:Ludei mentioned that they were going to update to 3.0.0. So not quite sure what's going and if they have fixed the memory issue that was reported.

I think there is a misunderstanding. The C2 plugins is what will be updated to the 3.0.0. In fact, now it will be the 3.0.4, because we want it to be based on the JS plugins, so it will be more stable.

The new core release is the 2.1. However, now CocoonJS in not only Canvas+. There are plenty of components, so there are plenty of numbers. They are summarized in the blog post:
http://blog.ludei.com/cocoonjs-latest-releases/.

In addition, there are a lot of new thing we will comment along all the day. One is the memory management and the new tools we added, which are mentioned in the Canvas+ section of the blog post.

The second one is that now we support compilations for wearables:
http://blog.ludei.com/cocoonjs-enables-android-wear-html5-app-development/
We encourage you to test it :D, and we hope you like it.

About the memory management, we are updating the information and we will publish it today, both in our blog and in the Forum. However, you can already start testing it :).

Regards.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:43 am

I'll spend the day experiencing the news, not yet quite understand how'll take a real use of it, because I did not feel a big difference in performance from the previous version to this.
I'm waiting for posts to be able to study this part a little better, hopefully I'll find some answers.
Many thanks for @Ludei hear submissions from the community, I'm quite happy with what they did ^^

@ArcadEd You have any idea how to take best advantage of it? Any tips?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General