CocoonJS plugin updates

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:24 pm

@szymek it's so small it doesn't even need to load, but it stayed on the black screen for several minutes, every time I tried.
@Ludei, sorry, it's for Android so Canvas+. Where would I get the log? and what is this launcher?

Also, if I currently use your cloud compiler to create my APK, I can't use the new Atomic Plugins even if I export to Cordova and use Webview+ (this is for Android)?
B
7
S
1
Posts: 41
Reputation: 572

Post » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:45 pm

Here it is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... jslauncher
Download it straight at the device. Then, run your game using a server or including a zip file with your source code. Run it on the launcher.
In the FPS button, that it is the access to the launcher console, you will see if there is something wrong in canvas+.

About the Atomic Plugins, if you export using Cordova exporter and you use the CLI, yes, it is possible right now. Atomic plugins are not available at the cloud. However, as your target is Android, it will be much better as soon as we manage to complete the beta. First of all, because the new Webview+ for android is completely up to date. In addition, Atomic plugins work in Canvas+ in the new cloud too.

Regards.
B
9
S
4
G
4
Posts: 383
Reputation: 3,616

Post » Tue May 12, 2015 10:02 pm

@ludei

Man, I got really excited reading your e-mail about Cocoon based on Cordova and Atomic Plugins!

C2 users are currently in a bit of trouble: Most of us didn't use the old Cocoon version because there was only MoPub supported, and now we can't use IntelXDK either because of bad performance and security issues. I've read that Atomic Plugins will support AdMob, which is awesome! So here's the question:

Will there be a way to build C2 games via the new Cocoon? As Cocoon support has been deprecated (sadly), how will it work? Will we have to export to Cordova, then compile with Cocoon, or might there even be a Cocoon plugin for C2? If there were a way for C2 developers to make easy use of Cocoon, I guess the majority of users might migrate from IntelXDK/Phonegap to your services.

Keep up the good work!
B
13
S
3
G
1
Posts: 91
Reputation: 1,477

Post » Tue May 12, 2015 10:55 pm

@CreativeMind You can still export your game with cocoon as an option in C2. Just right click on the exporters then show depricated exporters. You have always been able to use CocoonJS and it works fine. I have a couple of games on both iOS and Andoid made with cocoon and they run great.

Or do you mean that we can't use the new cocoonJS? I might have misunderstood what you meant :) Sorry if that is the case

Image
B
52
S
22
G
12
Posts: 725
Reputation: 11,716

Post » Wed May 13, 2015 9:07 am

Hello,

CreativeMind wrote:Man, I got really excited reading your e-mail about Cocoon based on Cordova and Atomic Plugins!

C2 users are currently in a bit of trouble: Most of us didn't use the old Cocoon version because there was only MoPub supported, and now we can't use IntelXDK either because of bad performance and security issues. I've read that Atomic Plugins will support AdMob, which is awesome! So here's the question:

Will there be a way to build C2 games via the new Cocoon? As Cocoon support has been deprecated (sadly), how will it work? Will we have to export to Cordova, then compile with Cocoon, or might there even be a Cocoon plugin for C2? If there were a way for C2 developers to make easy use of Cocoon, I guess the majority of users might migrate from IntelXDK/Phonegap to your services.

Keep up the good work!


Yes, it is almost ready. We are now fixing minor aspects in order to improve the user experience. In addition, it will not only be possible to use Atomic Plugins in Canvas+, it will be possible to use every single plugin for cordova that it is on a public repository. It won't be possible to use private plugins by now, but I think this is a good beginning.

Yes, there will be a way: c2 cordova exporter. I know it is thought for phonegap projects. Don't worry, because we support it :), even on Canvas+.
The project must have this structure (but not all the elements are mandatory) and must be compressed on a zip file:

  • www folder: the content of your game (everything contained in the exported folder except the config.xml file)
  • config.xml: it is provided by the exporter, so do not worry for it, and we can create it for you too.
  • res: splashes and icons
Plugins are not necessary. If they are on a public repository (as the Atomic plugins do) or if they are contained in the core (as the current CocoonJSAds plugin that will be maintained) they will be added straight at the cloud from a wizard we have created for this purpose. It is as easy as selecting them from a list.

My recommendation is not to use the config.xml file provided by the exporter (so a default one will be created when you drag and drop the zip file). After that, you can copy and paste (yes, it is possible to edit the config.xml file directly at the cloud) all the data if necessary. In this way, the "magic" of the wizard will be easier ;). In addition, you are the ones deciding which permissions you want your project to have.

By the way, the new Webview+ for Android is up to date, it is a new plugin and it is based in Crosswalk.

Important: This is how it works at this very moment. It is possible (in fact, it will happen almost for sure) that this process will become easier in the following days :). As I said in the first lines, we are improving user experience ;).

Anonnymitet wrote:@CreativeMind You can still export your game with cocoon as an option in C2. Just right click on the exporters then show depricated exporters. You have always been able to use CocoonJS and it works fine. I have a couple of games on both iOS and Andoid made with cocoon and they run great.

Or do you mean that we can't use the new cocoonJS? I might have misunderstood what you meant Sorry if that is the case


The old exporter will keep on working in the actual cloud. You can use it without any problem.

Cheers,

Ludei team
B
9
S
4
G
4
Posts: 383
Reputation: 3,616

Post » Wed May 13, 2015 10:43 am

@Ludei
I'm not sure I understand...
Will there be a new Construct 2 "atomic" plugin with Admob/IAP/Google Play Services etc intergrated?
We then export using Cordova and use your new cloud compiler (when it's done)?
B
7
S
1
Posts: 41
Reputation: 572

Post » Wed May 13, 2015 11:42 am

mercedescolomar wrote:@Ludei
I'm not sure I understand...
Will there be a new Construct 2 "atomic" plugin with Admob/IAP/Google Play Services etc intergrated?
We then export using Cordova and use your new cloud compiler (when it's done)?


  • You create your project in C2.
  • You add the plugins for c2: https://github.com/ludei/atomic-plugins-c2.
  • You export your project using Cordova exporter.
  • You create the project at the cloud.
  • At the project settings, you will see a list of available plugins. You need to select the atomic plugins you used in your project depending on the ids you included in the capx configuration :).

As we will do the installation for you, you just need to search for the id.
So, taking this readme into account: https://github.com/ludei/atomic-plugins ... xportation
If you want to add native Admob for Android, you should select: com.ludei.ads.android.admob on the list of available plugins :).
B
9
S
4
G
4
Posts: 383
Reputation: 3,616

Post » Wed May 13, 2015 1:35 pm

@Ludei

January 2015 - waiting for Atomic Plugins
February 2015 - waiting for Atomic Plugins. 26th - we got Atomic Plugins! :)
March 2015 - waiting for AP in Canvas+
April 2015 - waiting for AP in Canvas+
May 2015 - waiting for AP in Canvas+

Ehh... :)
B
18
S
6
G
1
Posts: 783
Reputation: 4,187

Post » Wed May 13, 2015 1:43 pm

@Ludei
Excellent, thanks!
B
7
S
1
Posts: 41
Reputation: 572

Post » Wed May 13, 2015 1:54 pm

szymek wrote:@Ludei

January 2015 - waiting for Atomic Plugins
February 2015 - waiting for Atomic Plugins. 26th - we got Atomic Plugins! :)
March 2015 - waiting for AP in Canvas+
April 2015 - waiting for AP in Canvas+
May 2015 - waiting for AP in Canvas+

Ehh... :)


I know, and I am so sorry :(.

But we are really close.
What about next week? :)
B
9
S
4
G
4
Posts: 383
Reputation: 3,616

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fireche and 11 guests