CocoonJS plugin updates

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu May 21, 2015 4:19 pm

OK, I got icons working as well.

I have managed to get a game fully working with Admob plugin and ads are showing. Everything is working great. I'm going to try uploading to Google Play and see how that goes.

Update---
Uploaded to Google Play with 0 issues. Same game, but here are some Build size differences.
Old CocoonJS Compiler - 11.3mb
Intel XDK Compiler - 20.8mb
CocoonIO - 8.1mb

Game boots up faster than old CJS and has no screen flickering.

Issues found that might help others.
1. This game is older and does not need WebGL. Turned it off in C2 before exporting and the game scaled correctly.
2. The whitelist plugin that is installed by default in Cocoon.io caused my game to not load. Uninstalling it from Plugins fixed that error. Ludei has confirmed that plugin does not work with Canvas+
3. Icons work by following the template linked above and adding the appropriate lines in your config.xml as seen in the cocoon.io docs. https://cocoon.io/doc/icons_and_splashes

Later today I will test with iOS.

Final note, I am doing all testing with Canvas+
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 22, 2015 3:04 am

@ArcadEd

I think I'm getting paranoia :) Yesterday my icons weren't working, today I removed "whitelist" and uploaded my ZIP again - and I can see icons

anyway: in my case, even with WebGL off, I see that my apps are rendered in lower resolution. @Ludei what do you think: when this issue will be fixed?

but I'm really happy to see native ads working :) MoPub always sucked, and native AdMob has backfill from Google AdSense.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 22, 2015 9:05 am

szymek wrote:I think I'm getting paranoia :) Yesterday my icons weren't working, today I removed "whitelist" and uploaded my ZIP again - and I can see icons

We are working on a wizard for this :). It was hard to add icons even for us, and that is why I gave you the link to the template for phaser.

szymek wrote:in my case, even with WebGL off, I see that my apps are rendered in lower resolution. @Ludei what do you think: when this issue will be fixed?

More that WebGL, the problem is ScreenCanvas. If you use the dev-app and you set it off in the Canvas+ settings, you will see the game works again (in low quality, but it does).

We are investigating the issue, because there was a fix for that, but it seems we lost it during the migration. We are one step closer now that we know what it is causing it :).
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 25, 2015 4:16 pm

ArcadEd wrote:Making some progress. I had to remove the whitelist plugin that is included in cocoonIO. It was giving an error in debug, once I removed it, the game worked. I disabled webGL in C2 to get it work on full screen.

Audio is a bit wonky. My mute button doesn't work anymore. Music didn't start playing initially.

Working out a kinks, little by little.

On a good note, ads worked.

Im having the same issue right now, tried removing whitelist and removed it on the config.xml and still no luck black screen. I removed the .xml file too so that ludei could upload its own upon compiling. Currently using construct 2 r205.

Is it possible for anyone to post their Configuration settings for publication?

FullScreen: Letterbox scale

FullScreen Quality: High Quality

Use high dpi: Yes

Orientation: Landscape

Enable Web GL: OFF

Sampling: Linear

Downscaling: Medium Qualty

Physics: [email protected] asm.js

Compiled the game as cordova

Any other way to resolve this Ludei?
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 25, 2015 4:47 pm

Did your game work with the old compiler?
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 25, 2015 4:52 pm

Can custom cordova plugins work in Canvas+ or is it limited to webview+ ?
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 25, 2015 4:54 pm

Depends on the plugin I believe.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 25, 2015 5:56 pm

https://github.com/ludei/atomic-plugins-c2

Says:
Important information to take into account

You can use this plugins in the Webview+ for cordova (ios and android), but not yet at the cloud or in Canvas+.

Is this information outdated ?
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 25, 2015 7:16 pm

@ludei

Got my invite today. Interface is very, very slick; definitely a big step up from the old compiler. Love that I could search for cordova plugins by keyword and automatically add them.

However, still working on getting a project compiled; getting 'Error Android' for android. Probably being dense here, but where do we go to see the log of build errors? iOS built fine.

Since you place so much emphasis on aesthetics, here's one little faux pas: the color of the cursor/selection overlay in the config.xml editor is way too pale; the cursor is basically invisible. I just copied in/out of notepad++ to edit it, but it would be nice to forgo that extra step. ;)
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 25, 2015 7:43 pm

@ludei
@cranberrygame

Okay, I see now that the build info/errors are emailed. Would be great to be able to see this info right in the cloud app, as the emails seem to take a few minutes to precipitate out.

The error I'm getting is for the 'Phonegap Game' plugin, by cranberry games. Specifically:

"Error installing plugin: [email protected]"

Added this to plugins by going to search, finding it, and installing it. I can see it was added to the config.xml file. Also tried to add my app id as a param, as is required in Intel XDK, but no love.

Anybody else using this plug (or any cranberry plugs) in cocoon.io?
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General