CocoonJS plugin updates

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:52 pm

Well I submitted my app about 8 days ago. Just got the email today that it is currently in review.

In my app has:

Game Center (Leaderboards and Achievements)
Ads - Mopub/iAd

So I will let you know if it passes it or not, and the reason if it doesn't.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:55 pm

@vitorfgd Yeah, I was one of those people. I chased it down and Ludei fixed it ->
https://github.com/ludei/Construct-2-plugin/issues/28

You just need to look at the capx on github to see how it works. However, it doesn't explain setting on the facebook, gamecentre, google play game services side of things. I'm sure that can be googled though.
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:18 pm

Oh, thanks for the quick response. Being possible to find the updated information on the internet, I can turn around, this is simple.
I wanted to take the doubt, because until then, I was just looking at the android side.
I hope not to bother you, but could explain a little better what is the sandbox mode on iOS? I saw some people mentioning, but I just started studying this part.

I'm looking at what I need here:

https://developer.apple.com/app-sandboxing/

But using cocoonjs, everything works the same way?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:46 pm

Well, I would like to know some of @Ludei opnion about this news:

http://9to5mac.com/2014/10/20/apple-to- ... uary-2015/

With the requirement of applications in 64 bits, starting in February. This seems something very impactful.

I think the ideal would ask this in the Ludei Forum. But as I am with limited access, the question will there only later.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:39 am

ArcadEd wrote:That's weird man, I don't know. I never had the issue before.

Have you tried making an IPA and installing it on your device and seeing if it works?

Weirdly, the IPA won't run... just says "installing". Reckon there's something wrong once I export to Xcode. It works once I run the compiled files through the app though...

Le sigh.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:47 am

Are you downloading and unzipping the the file on the mac?

When you compile the IPA, you need to make sure you use the right provisioning profile that is linked to you devices, or the IPA won't install. Usually it says failed to install or something though.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:24 am

Hello,

We are currently working on the 64-bits support, so you won't find that problem by February :).

TheWyrm wrote:However, it doesn't explain setting on the facebook, gamecentre, google play game services side of things. I'm sure that can be googled though.

We have some articles regarding some of these topics. We want to add more, as plenty of users are asking this kind of information. Meanwhile, you might find interesting this one: http://support.ludei.com/hc/en-us/articles/201489185-Step-by-step-guide-Facebook-SDK-for-CocoonJS
It is explain how to use our JS Plugins, but C2 plugin uses the same process in the inside for all the Social Services, so you can just skip that part.

Apart from that, we are finishing testing the new release, but we found some minor bugs we are fixing right now. I will keep you all inform, but I would like to ask you a little bit of patience. Sorry for any inconvenience, we don't want you to wait neither.

Regards.
Last edited by ludei on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:05 am

@ludei Thanks for the information. I'm sure everyone would agree that we prefer a thoroughly tested release rather than a quick one.

I assume you're also updating your facebook api? Hence the hold on Facebook CocoonJS features?

ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:08 am

Thank you for all the attention and the information @Ludei, hope anxiously for news :D
But if possible, you would know if this new version Samsung device problems were solved?

http://support.ludei.com/hc/en-us/artic ... nJS-v2-0-2

As you can see, other users already notice this problem at some time.
(Just read the comments at the link I spent)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:26 am

vitorfgd wrote:But if possible, you would know if this new version Samsung device problems were solved?

I am sorry, but if we keep on adding features, the release won't be ready until next month. We are aware about all the new issues we are receiving regarding this topic, but we need to focus in the more general ones and, as soon as we can, we will investigate the rest, because there is not a common error reported through the log.

About Facebook, yes, we are aware of it and working on it.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General