CocoonJS pricing

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:09 pm

I would like to know if we paid 49/mo, then we compile our games without CocoonJS splashscreen, now subscription is expired, do they will return cocoonjs splash screen to our compiled games via live update?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:28 am

Periodic fees suck.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:46 am

Actually depending on the percentage the Revshare is the way to go. it means that Ludie will take a percentage of ad's and sales revenue. However since you already need to front to another part(Apple, Google...) then Ludie on top it could cut in rather a bit. So it's really dependent on there percent request. but I could work with it :)

however the $50 a month.... no thanks. only if I knew my games could pull in signifigantly more than the rev share features for publishing and app recognition.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:56 am

Looks like the URL for pricing is now blocked, so it's still WIP. Fingers crossed they heard/listened to our responsive on this.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:32 pm

Guys,

Breathe. That is inaccurate and unofficial. When we are ready to officially announce the pricing, you'll be the 1st to know. Interesting how someone can make up pricing and the whole world jumps on the reality of it.

Here's what people will be paying for when they do use the platform:

1) The license to use the CocoonJS Virtual Machine. The VM offers access to fixes, enhancements and extensions to the HTML5 spec (like acceleration, multichannel audio, haptics, Box2D, etc).

2) The Ludei Extensions - access to native payments, native ad networks, push, analytics, access to cool new devices like the Leap Motion device, etc

3) Unlimited access to the Ludei Cloud - cloud compilations, live updates, cloud storage, analytics storage and delivery, multiplayer, etc

So, you will be paying for a VM license and cloud infrastructure. Consider us AWS mobile gaming.

Additionally, there will be a free component that we believe will cover 80% of users.

So again, do not believe everything you read.

Last point. I've been doing this a long time. We do not expect to make everyone happy with out business model. I've found over time that someone will complain about a business model no matter how fair it is, because either they complain about everything or they believe everything should be free. And they are always the loudest.

BTW - we love Scirra customers. Construct 2 rocks. And watch for our big announcement next week.

Joe Monastiero
President, Ludei

B

Post » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:18 pm

I hope the big announcement is that they will support the Ouya controller.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:06 pm

@j mo good to hear. As long as we can get access to IAP and ads at a proportionate price, we'll be happy.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:35 pm

Remember the complains many people had with the Awesomium export licencing? That was dumped and we now have Node Webkit exporting.

We need something similar for people who are doing noncommercial free games and are trying to keep their expenses at a minimum.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:13 pm

@j mo i have a question

Will the compiled games have cocoonjs splashcreen via live update when subscription is expired? I tought your idea was no long-termJoannesalfa2013-02-13 23:13:53
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic