Cocoonjs Vs Crosswalk (Android)

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:30 pm

@TheDoctor Both are pretty easy to use once you've been through the build process once and figure it out. I like that CocoonJS has a web interface instead of a client you have to download (Crosswalk). CocoonJS just seems a lot more straight forward and makes more sense to me. It sends you both debug and release apk files, seems like last time I used Crosswalk it wasn't clear what the apk was that it sends you--is it an already signed apk or what?

Anyway, hopeful for Crosswalk's future and I'm always on the look out for other alternatives because CocoonJS isn't perfect either and it needs some better competition
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:46 am

I recently used Crosswalk and it works fine :), i still can't figure it how to use cocoonjs, the steps are not so clear.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:50 pm

Cocoonjs Webview+ support WebGL and WebRTC , Crosswalk and Cocoonjs Webview+ use Chromium , can We conclude Crosswalk = Cocoonjs Webview+ ????????????????????
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:08 am

I complied my project in both yesterday and these are the results:

Crosswalk: 45-fps average
CoocoonJS: 60-fps average

So from a performance perspective I can't use Crosswalk as it is right now, not good enough.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:28 am

For me crosswalk is pretty much perfect. The Only downside is the huge apk file size. A small app will be 5mb after install. Crosswalk's are 50mb... imagine 50mb flappy birds. Its nonsense.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic