CocoonJS Webview+ on iOS8+ (It's FAST!)

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:15 am

It seems the audio bug is limited to Ogg audio format. I removed M4A audio previously to prevent redundancy and wasting of space on mobiles, and Ogg works fine with Canvas+ and XDK. But it seems CJS's Webview+ doesn't like only Ogg, but it works just fine with M4A.

So, problem solved!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:32 pm

Silverforce wrote:It seems the audio bug is limited to Ogg audio format. I removed M4A audio previously to prevent redundancy and wasting of space on mobiles, and Ogg works fine with Canvas+ and XDK. But it seems CJS's Webview+ doesn't like only Ogg, but it works just fine with M4A.

So, problem solved!

I would think that both iOS webview and safari actually supports the same audio formats (last time I checked, apple did not implement support for the ogg vorbis format in safari, and so I would expect that for the same reason of them, they would not support it either in the webview), and the same with android webview and chrome for android(but I think chrome supports both ogg vorbis and m4a, others would confirm or deceive that I think).
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:04 pm

Aphrodite wrote:I would think that both iOS webview and safari actually supports the same audio formats (last time I checked, apple did not implement support for the ogg vorbis format in safari, and so I would expect that for the same reason of them, they would not support it either in the webview), and the same with android webview and chrome for android(but I think chrome supports both ogg vorbis and m4a, others would confirm or deceive that I think).

The browser does, but there seems to be a conflict somewhere between C2's HTML5 Web export and CJS's 2.1 Webview+ implementation.

I see in Xcode6.1 debug, audio calls only ever seeks to load the M4A file and not the Ogg file. This is why when I delete the M4A it never plays sounds.

The reason I keep Ogg is that it works fine on Intel XDK and CJS Canvas+ for iOS. :) Now I'll just keep Ogg for Android and M4A for Webview+ its not a problem anymore.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:15 pm

Hi, what export option did you use? Cordova, CocoonJS(deprecated) or HTML5 Website?
Something big is coming...
To the Windows Store, App Store, Play Store and 14 other app marketplaces near you! :)
B
S

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General