Collections?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
2D graphics of betta fish collections. Get it now!
  • Does C2 have what you could call Collections? What I am looking for is a way to "Group" objects in the Editor, then just click on one and move the "Collection"! I understand I can just Ctrl+Click and select X objects, but it would sure be nice if you could just click one and drag all of them around.

Thanks

Brett

• From what I have seen there is not a way to do this in the editor...each object has to be selected with a box selection or by CTRL+Click

• Click on an Object in the Object Bar or Project bar, and it should automatically highlight all instances of that object in the current layout.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Right, but not exactly what I was looking for. Example: Let say you have a Person with all individual parts, Body, Arms, Legs, Head. It would be great to position them and then just click and drag a Arm if you want to move him. But hey there is always work arounds, guess I could create a layer and only put him on it then just Select All.

Thanks

Brett

• Ah...understood. One option that comes to mind is creating a placeholder sprite, and putting it in a container with all the body part objects. That way, you only need to add a single placeholder sprite to the layout, and all the body parts will be created with it at runtime. Of course, that may require some extra work as all the body parts will all load at the same coordinates.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)