Colliding with specific things?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Hi,

I'm looking for a way to make a platform that acts in a similar way to the solid or jumpthru behaviors but only effects certain objects. I have a sprite that follows my player sprite that needs to be blocked by the platforms but the player needs to be able to go over them.

Thanks!

• Can the following entity jump?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the player is supposed to jump through a platform, but the follower is not supposed to get through them, right?

• Pretty much. They both have the platform behavior but the following entity doesn't jump.

They may also have to be treated differently when just moving (not jumping).

• I don't think there's a problem then. If the follower doesn't jump, then it wouldnt be able to get through the platform above it anyway.

As far as I know, there is no easy way of filtering what goes through a Jump-Thru object, short of making a new plugin.

Does the following entity have to be blocked from goting through things that doesnt require jumping?

• Maybe I haven't explained myself well. The following entity moves beside the player and they both use the platform behavior. Say there was a wall to the right of the player and i move it through that wall to the other side, the following entity would move with the player but get stuck at the wall and not be able to join the player on the other side of the wall. Thats what I want to achieve.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Does the following entity need to have the Platform behavior?

• I guess not.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)