Collision Detection Failure - Platforming

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:31 pm

When jumping from one platform to another, there is a possibility that the player character will bug and be standing 1 or 2 pixels above the actual platform. Upon jumping again, or falling, the gap will go away. Can be reproduced in the attached '.cap' with enough attempts. Reproducible with both per pixel and bounding box collision detection modes.

This is quite an annoying issue. :x I'm fairly confident it's a bug in collision detection, but I could be horribly wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The '.cap' is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?k1iktyen35sw0t2

Just jump from the low ledge to the high ledge with shift to reproduce the bug. May have to attempt the jump several times.
B
G

Post » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:38 pm

I've noticed this too. It happens most when your player falls a very short distance or has a really short jump. You can try increasing the gravity or setting the Y velocity to 1 when you let go of the jump button. Maybe a floor detector will help to push the player down when it's 'hovering' over the ground like that.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:34 pm

I think I may have a fix.
I've tested it a bit, but one or two extra testers won't hurt
if this works for you guys I'll submit it to the svn
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1013446/fallingfix.exe
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:00 am

This seems perfect. What did you do? Tell me, tell me!

EDIT: Nvm. Just checked source forge.
B
G

Post » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:51 pm

I'm interested in this fix too, and I have no idea what the "svn" is or where it can be found on source forge. Can someone point me in the right direction?
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic