Collision don't work sometimes[Still need help]

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:32 pm

After some testing, if you lift the balll too high, and overlapping the wall, it fails ...

I gave the ball the behaviour bound by layout now too, and it stopped that ...

So far xD

new capx
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:42 pm

lennaert wrote:After some testing, if you lift the balll too high, and overlapping the wall, it fails ...

I gave the ball the behaviour bound by layout now too, and it stopped that ...

So far xD

new capx

Good to know that I can use it, so I can get rid of the walls on every level. I can probably add this behaviour to the group with all the objects, so no walls are required, and it doesn't fail to place objects close to the walls, it actually gets as far as it can get.
Thanks again

Problems with physics still remain tho :(
Not disabling collisions when touching restart solve the problem of the ball going through other objects, but I can't leave it like that because when I drag it, it just pushes other objects away.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:59 pm

bump
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:31 pm

@Guizmus ,

Thanks for the pm, it worked and my problem is now solved. I can't send PMs anymore because I'm under 500rep.

So, if anyone is interested Guizmus gave me the ideia use use saves in my level, so everytime I start it, or move an object to a valid position I save the state and when I hit the restart button I just load the game from there. Thanks for the workaround.
Regards the physics I still don't know what was causnig the problem.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:27 pm

Yeah, sorry I didn't post it here, I wasn't sure it was enough.
Glad it helped :)

I don't know exactly what was wrong with the physics, surely something you needed to unactivate and that wasn't activated afterwards, but I didn't manage to find it.
The save solution worked in my test too, after I found that you handled the "start click" event in both event sheets ^^ that took some times too, I didn't think of this :)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?