Collision, Gravity & Jumping

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:52 pm

@superpowerjoe

The dropbox download error is because you provided the private url instead of the public one.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:32 pm

[QUOTE=zenox98] @superpowerjoe
The dropbox download error is because you provided the private url instead of the public one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! I thought it'd be something like that, but dont know how to get the public url though, :S

[QUOTE=Steven]
I am quite interested in what it is in particular that you are trying to achieve that the platform behaviour would impede.[/QUOTE]

I know it sounds pretentious, but i cant really put it into concise words.
But for example i've seen that sustained jump and double [or multiple] jumps are a bit of an issue. And also i'd like to have varying jump and gravity speeds, as well as a non arched jump. Sorry if i'm not clear enough, but that's how i manage to describe some of it.

I do however think the platform behaviour is a great implementation. And an ideal tool for someone to just put something together without having to break open their skulls.
But i'm sorta the stubborn person that likes to invent the wheel and know the internal workings of it, while being able to say that it was crafted to some extent by me with my personal flavour. Dont get me wrong i'm not saying that the platform behaviour doesnt work or any of the sort.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:15 pm

[QUOTE=superpowerjoe]
Thanks for the tip! I thought it'd be something like that, but dont know how to get the public url though, :S
[/QUOTE]

Place files in the Public folder and just press right mouse on file and select 'Copy Public link' (I may be paraphrasing slightly as I can't remember the exact wording off the top of my head).
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:22 pm

[QUOTE=zenox98]Place files in the Public folder and just press right mouse on file and select 'Copy Public link' (I may be paraphrasing slightly as I can't remember the exact wording off the top of my head).[/QUOTE]

THANKS!

it seems i got it working, this should be it!

drop box link
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:09 am

Sorry for the delay.

[QUOTE=superpowerjoe]does it also mean that i have no way of setting a fixed rate of pixel per second with that method? or do you have any idea of how that would work? [/QUOTE] It might be mixed up now. When using 1 * Timedelta, you have a fixed rate of 1 pixel per second. No matter the frame length or frame rate, overall you will have exactly that rate.
The problem is the loop though. It will be run 1024 times per call, so if the framerate is high the resolution is much higher than with a low framerate.
I have made a cap that uses a much more efficient way. Have a look at it and see if you can use it in some way:
http://www.mediafire.com/?eq84dhm84w4sowv
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic