Collision mask not working

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:06 pm

That works! Thanks a bunch!

I have a separate question that I can't figure out at the moment that you might can help with.

I'm trying to make particles follow a sprite, and i want them to react like physics so when the character moves, they flow from out behind him, but when hes just standing there, they just spawn around him.

Any ideas on how to achieve this?
B

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:17 pm

I also found some really cool resources and examples of various things on this forum, but they all seem to be in .capx format. I guess there's no way to open these and take a look at them huh? Construct seems to only open .cap files these days.
B

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:22 pm

[QUOTE=casesensative] I also found some really cool resources and examples of various things on this forum, but they all seem to be in .capx format. I guess there's no way to open these and take a look at them huh? Construct seems to only open .cap files these days.[/QUOTE]

.capx files are--and have always only been--compatible with Construct 2.

Construct Classic only opens .cap files.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:30 pm

Ahh, gotcha. I thought it might have been an older file format. Thanks!
B

Post » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:09 am

[QUOTE=casesensative] That works! Thanks a bunch!

I have a separate question that I can't figure out at the moment that you might can help with.

I'm trying to make particles follow a sprite, and i want them to react like physics so when the character moves, they flow from out behind him, but when hes just standing there, they just spawn around him.

Any ideas on how to achieve this?[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear =) and by react like physics do you mean have them bounce off objects they touch? If not, then this might be what you're looking for: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4714446/ThrusterParticles.cap
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:14 pm

For some reason it wont let me open this file, it says:

"Failed to load application: This file was saved in a newer version of Construct and cannot be loaded by this version."

But i have the r1-2 latest version. So...not sure what's up with that.

B

Post » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:02 am

Ah Construct Classic R2 is the latest version, but it's not on the official download page yet for some reason (@Ashley @Tom, can R2 be linked from the CC page now instead of R1.2?)

Here's the download: http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic48884.html
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic