collision polygon issue

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:21 pm

So I'm making a top down shooter and I've encountered an issue, when I set the collision polygon it works great until I shoot, then it reverts back to the oversized square that leaves me not being able to walk through doorways properly. When I bump into walls, my player is a good inch and a half away when I get stopped. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Could it be the browser I'm using to run the game? If so how can I switch to chrome? Thanks in advanced.
B

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:45 pm

This is because you probably set the collision polygon for a single frame. Open your sprite, select the "Set collision polygon tool" and then right click on sprite-->Apply to whole animation
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:06 am

immortalx wrote:This is because you probably set the collision polygon for a single frame. Open your sprite, select the "Set collision polygon tool" and then right click on sprite-->Apply to whole animation
ERRR I cant believe I didn't catch that lol. Thanks a bunch man. Also an issue I'm having is when I'm moving forward and to the left I cant shoot until I stop moving forward or to the left. I didn't include it because it wasn't a collision issue.
B

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:02 am

It would help if you could attach a capx file to identify the issue, but the forum rules require a rep of at least 250 to do that.
Can you try and explain how you have set up the movement and shooting?
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General