Collisions not working properly

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hey. Having some trouble with these wee blocks that should blow up when they collide with the player, If you check the GIF, you can see that SOMETIMES they do and others they don't. I have no idea why this would happen. Has anyone come across anything like this before?

• I'm not sure why you'd have a trigger once (sub)event on a triggered event..

in this case I'd probably use an "is overlapping at offset" event instead of a collision event..

• I'm still a bit of a C2 noob. I assumed that if I didn't, it would just keep resetting the shake animation for as long as the player stood on the block. I've tried it without the Trigger Once, but it doesn't help. Tried just making the block explode on collision, but that doesn't work either. It;s a head scratcher.

• I'm still a bit of a C2 noob. I assumed that if I didn't, it would just keep resetting the shake animation for as long as the player stood on the block. I've tried it without the Trigger Once, but it doesn't help. Tried just making the block explode on collision, but that doesn't work either. It;s a head scratcher.

If it doesn't detect a collision, the "on collision" doesn't trigger..

Overlapping at offset y=1 or 2 should do the trick..

It could be your collision polygon has just 1point at the bottom, or has other issues that prevent the collision/overlap detection..

• Thanks! Tried the overlapping at offset idea, it works, but only if I've landed on the block, if I just run onto it, there's no change. Hmm...

Both objects have rectangle collision polygons.

Took out the Trigger Once n' everything is well! Thanks again for you help! Really appreciate it.

• Adding "For Each block" should help, too, I think.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Adding "For Each block" should help, too, I think.

In this case it wouldn't, because it's clear from the event/conditions, which one is meant..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)