Color Splash- A Puzzle Matching Game(Android)

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:12 pm

UPDATE

Alpha demo is now available to play on Scirra Arcade
https://www.scirra.com/arcade/puzzle-games/color-splash-alpha-demo-5559
Please play it and report any errors by posting comments or email us at [email protected]
#ColorSplash
B
S

Post » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:59 am

UPDATE

Improved gameplay experience and removed color stuck problem completely
Please play on Scirra Arcade and give me feedback about your experience
https://www.scirra.com/arcade/puzzle-ga ... -demo-5559
B
S

Post » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:11 pm

Decent game. It's a standard block puzzle and one feature I can see stand out from other games in the market is its ability to eliminate entire rows and columns.

I reached level 18 and so far there doesn't seem to be a way to lose the game.
It'd help if the player can choose difficult level from the start instead of having to go through easy ones first. If there is a difficulty curve, it's very slow.

Odd color choices for the first 10 levels. Dark Brown, Dark Yellow and Olive Green. These aren't exactly vibrant colors and they don't feel inviting enough to keep the player invested.
Music is great. The mood is perfect for a puzzle game and considerably upbeat.

It's great for a prototype but honestly, you may need to choose a theme instead of just colors. If you're going for colors then maybe have them look like shiny globs of paint instead of the default squares.
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:23 pm

@MPPlantOffical thanks for your feedback.
MPPlantOfficial wrote:It's great for a prototype but honestly, you may need to choose a theme instead of just colors
If I understand you correctly then the the basic theme of game is that you have to help a Artist to finish his paintings and you have to collect the colors for his paintings. I haven't implemented that yet. There will be a short story in beginning of game then artist will ask you to help him finish his painting by collecting the required number of colors.
I really like the shiny globs idea. This will totally change the look and feel of game. Actually I am really bad at designing so that's why i choose wrong colors at the beginning (brown, yellow and green)
Also difficulty option idea is also great. I will diffidently allow player to choose the start difficulty. I will implement this option
Again thanks for such a awesome and helpful feedback.
B
S

Previous

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests