Comic style cut-scenes

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:02 pm

What I mean is like in Max Payne, have a music playing at the background as well as they appear in order usually when you click or press a button.

Like this here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRYgAYlDW3c

Minus the text boxes, the text in my comic strip is already written on the image, I do intend to put sound effects as well on the comic strips as well (as one strip has an explosion)

Now I think I know how to do this but my use is by using global variables (it worked that way) but I believe there must be a simpler way to do this without needing to use global vars or am I wrong? anyway I also tried if intro2 > visible = intro3 make visible but it didn't work because all the other strips turned visible before they all should.

The images are tiled background's btw so I used start of layout "image 1" "image 2" etc... set invisible.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:17 pm

Sounds like a classic job for the timeline object.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:33 pm

[quote="PixelRebirth":23x2sez9]Sounds like a classic job for the timeline object.[/quote:23x2sez9]

Yeah, it works out quite nicely actually. For instance on time period begin would let you switch images, and during time period, would let you do effects, lightning. etc.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:24 am

I forgot to mention you have to press a keyboard button or on mouse click (I think I will do it with mouse click) for the next strip to show up not on a delay.
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic