Commercial creations in Construct (updated Aug'11)

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:47 am

you have to realise when youre being a bit too paranoid, i myself know exactly how you felt about posting that, you didnt want people to see everything youve done for wtv reason, but if you do that your only holding yourself back, you gain alot of respect from the community if you share your ideas and such, and you will also get alot of helpful feedback on how to make things more effecient or better, from individuals who have ideas you never would of thought of, due to the way we all think in our own individual way, and sometimes wont see the more obvious answer, because we dont respect what i call the"keep it simple, stupid"rule.

if you share your ideas, everyone will be more open to share their ideas with you, and they themselves post caps.

nobody here is out to get you and going to steal your ideas, and its not like your posting anything advanced in the dev of your game, a few open source caps at alpha stages wont make you lose anything(most ppl here wont get what youre doing anyways)

if you do post exes to get help, make sure you tell ppl a bit about what youre doing, and dont put strenuous graphical effects, because they cant be disabled.

I post alot of cool stuff i make OS, and people know me for that and the things ive introduced, it feels good. Dont feel you have to post Caps or anything, just try to be a lil bit more open, and less paranoid about idea theifs (grr i hate those)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:35 pm

It's funny, but I felt the same way recently, although for a different reason. I'd always posted caps if I was working on something (usually in the chat), but for my last game (which was just a pool game), I decided not to post the cap because my code was messy beyond belief.. and I just wanted something complete before doing so.. but oddly enough I felt strange when posting the exe only. I don't know why.. maybe because most guys on this forum are generous enough to show the sources to their awesomeness that I kind of felt "why am I not posting a cap to my lameness" :P It could have been because it wasn't to be a commercial venture.. but since yours is... screw what anyone else thinks.. you've been kind enough to show your sources in the past and helped many people along the way. I think you're doing the right thing. Oh and there have been no commercial releases yet that I know of so maybe you could be the first!
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 05, 2009 10:30 am

Hi. I am a brazilian, so excuse me for my poor english. I want to sell my games and I saw the Rich's post, published in Wed Mar 04, 2009, for check libraries since a right click over the application. I am beginner in this software and probabily don't understand how to show the information library: Can I right click over the project in the recent's list? I wish more details, please.
Thanks for all.
B
G

Post » Tue May 05, 2009 10:44 am

There's no need right now, there's no commercial plugins so nothing to worry about.

But to view the information you right click the project in the project bar, and click 'view used plugins'.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 05, 2009 11:50 pm

Thanks, Rich. Now, I understand. For the moment, I use two freewares plugins and a Construct object (Mouse&Keyboard). Really thanks.
B
G

Post » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:33 pm

I know this is an old topic, but, just to be clear, Freeware (like the Construct object which is GPL already) means there is no limitation on my use of it, correct? I can use it in a game for commercial purposes?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:39 pm

That's right.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:58 pm

By the way, I wonder how to find the open sources of Construct.
I'm interested in GPL, etc.
B
G

Post » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:48 pm

[quote="Ashley":117t0hav]That's right.[/quote:117t0hav]
Erm, what? Freeware means free to use, not necessarily free to use for commercial purposes.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:57 pm

So are there any examples of commercial projects yet?
I'm interested in people's experiences, potential problems with deployment and dependancies, etc...
Noone?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion