Compare Time Event?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:09 am

I was learning Xojo langauge book, and I encountered there is a an expression called Totalseconds that can compare time between the current date & the value of the date you choose. Is that anyway possible in C2?? or it is not found yet :roll:
totalseconds.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:33 am

I think this definition of Totalseconds is the definition of Date in most languages, so you should not need something else than the date for most cases, and there are solutions for that I think.

Also you do not choose the date for this expression, it is january 1904, midnight.
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:43 am

Aphrodite wrote:I think this definition of Totalseconds is the definition of Date in most languages, so you should not need something else than the date for most cases, and there are solutions for that I think.

@Aphrodite - How can I access the device date and time from c2? (I want a certain feature to run only once a day)
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:45 am

MaorKeshet wrote:
Aphrodite wrote:I think this definition of Totalseconds is the definition of Date in most languages, so you should not need something else than the date for most cases, and there are solutions for that I think.

@Aphrodite - How can I access the device date and time from c2? (I want a certain feature to run only once a day)

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/940/ho ... -a-project

There is also an alternative via a plugin.
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:56 am

I'v been looking endlessly on the manual and couldn't find anything... should adopt the habit to search the tutorials as well...
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:14 am

The rex_date plugin works great for me and very easy to use
B
S

Return to Construct 2 General