Composer Looking for A Production

Looking to build a team or have a job to offer?

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:14 pm

Hello again!

I am about to finish a beautiful ambient soundtrack. It has been a great musical journey!

Much has happened since my last visit to the forum. I am wiser and better at what I do! Strange how that happens when you work, eh? Anyway, there is number of new tunes on my YouTube channel and my website is totally new, better and looks a whole lot better than the previous one. There is still some content updating to do but I'll get it done once I get more important things out of the way.

The best news for you is that I am open for requests again!

Since I don't have the reputation to post e-mail addresses or any of that, just leave a post here.

Looking forward to work with you!

Have a happy day!
- Markus
Have a happy day!
- Markus Lappalainen, Composer & Audio Engineer
Open for commissions!

For Hire Thread | LinkedIn | SoundCloud
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:16 am

Are you able to post a link as text format (adding spaces between some letters) to a sampler of your ambient album so people can check out your work? I'm interested in using ambient music in my game.
Founder of Jadelight Studio, Developer of Libertas Aedifex, regular C2 Help contributor and fan of ambient music and Star Wars.
B
S

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:13 pm

I will ask a permission from my client to create a sample reel of the score. The game is not going to be released for some time yet. I will get back to you as soon as i get a reply.
Have a happy day!
Open for commissions!

B
S

Post » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:18 pm

inquiesco wrote:Are you able to post a link as text format (adding spaces between some letters) to a sampler of your ambient album so people can check out your work? I'm interested in using ambient music in my game.

My client has not yet answered but while waiting, if you have an urgent situation, I could compose a demo for you. You can send me your e-mail address as a PM (or send me an e-mail to markus at markuslappalainen dot info) and we can discuss the matter via e-mail.
Have a happy day!
Open for commissions!

B
S

Post » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:22 pm

@taistelusopuli My situation isn't urgent at all, I'm using some freely available tracks for the moment, and am just making a list of possible audio artists for when the game idea is solidified and ready for audio, :). A demo would be great, but it's a lot of extra effort and I'm in no rush. If you did feel inclined to create a demo, check out Andrew Lahiff's Suspended Twilight album (the first song in particular), which is the style I'm going for.
Founder of Jadelight Studio, Developer of Libertas Aedifex, regular C2 Help contributor and fan of ambient music and Star Wars.
B
S

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:50 am

@inquiesco My client gave a permission to create a demo reel of what I have written for his game. I will prepare one so I will need your e-mail to send it to you. I also checked the reference you linked. I feel it would be appropriate to write a demo in the exact style you are looking for since the soundtrack I wrote is a bit more active ambient than Suspended Twilight. It wont be a long one but a short sample.
Have a happy day!
Open for commissions!

B
S

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:52 am

@taistelusopuli No worries, my e-mail is my username here [at] jadelightstudio.com.
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:28 pm

@inquiesco I sent you an e-mail with a reel and a demo =)
Have a happy day!
Open for commissions!

B
S

Post » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:03 am

@taistelusopuli How much would you be asking for to create music of the quality of the reel? Those tracks are great, I loved a lot of them, particularly the track starting at 6:51. I'm a currently unemployed uni student trying to make my game as one person, so I don't have a lot to spare but would be happy to put money down for some music.
B
S

Post » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:17 am

I am now looking for a game production!

I am looking forward to write something in the lines of Jeremy Soule (The Elder Scrolls Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim), Brad Derrick (The Elder Scrolls Online) and Inon Zur (Dragon Age: Origins). In genre terms we are moving around orchestral, ambient and world music. If required, an electric twist can be added to spice up the mix.

If the said musical field is not what you are going for, contact me anyway and we can discuss further.

It would be great if you already had some locked material for your game (visual, dialogue, character bios, story and such). It is always MUCH easier to write music to something that is almost ready. (By ready I do not mean the whole game.) Then the music can be fitting for the game's spirit and atmosphere.

It should be said that I am building my portfolio when it comes to orchestral music. You will find some samples in my portfolio, but is is not as comprehensive as I would like it to be. Also the sound quality is not up to date, which is the main purpose of this quest. I have moved on to a new software with very good sound quality. I no longer use sound fonts that have limited overtones that result a not so realistic timbre. Now the music I write for an orchestra actually sounds almost like a real one.

Those with no coin, don't worry, I am free for now. Those who have a coin or two to spare, I am still free but I am always more than glad of a donation. It would only mean better sounds faster ;)

So, will you help me on my quest for an updated and much better portfolio? 8-)

Have a happy day!

- Markus Lappalainen
Have a happy day!
Open for commissions!

B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Job Offers and Team Requests