Computer freezes when loading project

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Find and Destroy all computer malware in this lighthearted security game.
  • Hello everyone,

First of all, the problem I'm going to describe seems very "generic" to me. So, I'll try to give all the details that I can.

I bought C2 about six months ago. For the first weeks, it worked just fine. So, I started to create a little test project. As the weeks passed, C2 continued to work fine and I was happy with it.

However, some time after that, C2 started to behave in a weird way. When I tried to open my project, my whole PC froze. And some seconds later, I got a Memory Dump blue screen. As I was with little time to try to solve this problem, I just didn't. I left C2 alone for some weeks.

Some days ago I thought I should try to fix the issue. As I thought that the problem was in my hardware, I bought another hard disk and installed C2 on it. I also moved my project folder to this new hard disk. Unfortunately, it didn't help. Now, I'm not getting the memory dump blue screen, but when I try to open my project, my PC freezes and I have to restart it.

I really hope that someone here knows what to do. I'm very frustrated because of this problem.

Thanks in advance.

• ok i'm not sure have you got antivirus? if not maybe 90% its a virus or spyware or anything else...if you have antivirus and its clean i'm sure that your pc can't handle the game maybe alot of graphics with high resolution and alot of sounds... also try to use google chrome its faster and less lag than other browsers. cough cough last but not least format your pc will be a good idea but takes everything important out of it or put them in a cloud like box.com or dropbox.com

• Hi Zsangerous. As I work with 3d rendering, my PC is a high-end graphics workstation: intel core i7 2.80 GHz, 16 GB ram and a very good video board. I also have win7 x64 on it. I think this kind of PC can handle Construct 2.

As far as I know, it is clean. But I'll have a complete scan right now to check for virus, just in case.

I also use Chrome for testing.

Formatting is a good idea, maybe something is corrupted. Thanks.

• Do you have issues with other software or is it C2 only?

If so is it limited to that particular project or does it happen every time you try to start C2?

It doesn't sound like malware to me at all but a scan couldn't harm. Since your pc is way above the specs required i'd say it's something else

• No, I don't have issues with other software so far.

It happens almost every time that I try to open a project - any project - on C2.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hmmm that's strange and i assume since you've moved disks you've uninstalled and reinstalled

What version are you using? Have you tried down/upgrading your version and see how that works?

• yes i think you should download the latest version also reinstall and if there is error message post them here.

also if you tried to put some files on construct2 maybe this cases that thing , put anything you want outside construct2 folder..

• I'm using the most recent version, downloaded it yesterday.

I just thought about something. You guys think this issue could be related to custom plugins/behaviors? I'm using SpriteFont and another plugin that I can't remember the name right now (I'm not at home right now, so I can't open C2 to see the other name).

• try to cut the plugin and put them outside the folder and open it see if it freeze or not ... see the only reason blue screen comes up is a virus or you have something broken on your pc , i had this problem when i had the battery broke as i remember like blue screen with alot of stuffs and then before i read them all it close in like 2-3seconds

• I'm using the most recent version, downloaded it yesterday.

I just thought about something. You guys think this issue could be related to custom plugins/behaviors? I'm using SpriteFont and another plugin that I can't remember the name right now (I'm not at home right now, so I can't open C2 to see the other name).

Yup, could be a broken plugin or version incompatability

Try uninstalling and then do a clean C2 install, latest version, and create a new project

• Ok, I tried to uninstall, delete the folder and reinstall and nothing changed. My computer still freezes when I try to open any project or create a new one.

Again, this only happens when I try to create a new project or open an old one on C2.

• i think you should pm Ashley or Tom

• i think you should pm Ashley or Tom

Yea, i agree

• I would say this is most likely a graphics card driver problem. Try updating them and also read this.

It sounds like this is not a problem with C2 itself. It is not ordinarily possible for applications like C2 to cause blue screens and system lockups (where even the mouse stops moving). Normally when software fails the OS just kills it, tells you it crashed, and carries on fine - OSs are designed to handle software crashing just fine. Blue screens and lockups tend to be a problem in the OS. Since drivers are the cause of a lot of problems in C2 I would think its them. Apart from that it could be failing hardware or problems with the OS. So I don't think C2 is to blame, but possibly it exposes a problem in the driver or OS that other software doesn't.

• Solved.

I tried to update my graphic drivers, but they were already up to date. So, I formated my computer and reinstalled C2. Now it's working flawlessly.

I don't know what caused the problem, and I don't think it's a C2 problem (probably it's a windows thing), however, I though it was a good idea to let you guys know that everything is working fine now.

Thanks for the support.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)