Concerns from a "Serious" developer

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:57 pm

Thndr wrote: I would say my only complaint is that you can't connect directly to another player without the signalling server. (Last I tried, unless it's been updated)

The fact it didnt work on apple products was the biggest issue for me.
Heck .. I even tried reverse engineering a bit of the plugin for apple and edge and spent several days on end to get it to work as it was intended, no luck there.
Getting it to work in apps in the app store was one of the biggest necessities, which it couldn't deliver.

This was a big let down for me and for the people requesting it or inquiring me to its potential.
(not to mention the lack of support from scirra team for a viable solution :| )

I helped dosens and dosens of devs with multiplayer issues, and only a handfull succeeded in making things that actually worked decently.
The multiplayer object was everything but easy in regards to implementation compared to other plugins.

imo the multiplayer object is perfect, even the signalling servers work great; but in the end, a lot of c2 devs were not able to work with it due to the level of insight required.
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:22 pm

Ashley wrote:(Again, I do think it's a pretty unique thing that you actually can talk directly to the founder, but I'm starting to see the appeal in disappearing behind a corporate team page...)

I understand your point, but please stay. It's one of the reasons why I like Scirra so much. The team members are very active in the community and I think it poses as an example for other companies. I know reading through topics like this is quite discouraging, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciate your work and your involvement in this community.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:30 pm

Well guys, I tried and the fact that Ashley and Tom won't answer a straightforward question about a way to keep C2 users happy by actually providing an engine we want with the exporters and features we need and just keeps giving us the old song and dance of how it will be better some time in the future tells me it is time to move on to another engine.

I wish you all the best and for those of you that like C3 I hope it is everything you think it will be.

I feel very disrespected by Ashley and Tom and that is not something I am willing to tolerate from people I have supported with my money and promoted with my games and helped the beginners in their forum.

Such is life and there are more engines in the sea as they say!

I have Fusion and I will be looking at Unity again if it has a decent visual editor.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:59 pm

lamar wrote:I feel very disrespected by Ashley and Tom and that is not something I am willing to tolerate from people I have supported with my money and promoted with my games and helped the beginners in their forum.

Respect goes both ways.
Do you honestly think your incessant badgering and demands for immediate answers was respectful?
Auf wiedersehen!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:02 pm

Lancifer wrote:
lamar wrote:I feel very disrespected by Ashley and Tom and that is not something I am willing to tolerate from people I have supported with my money and promoted with my games and helped the beginners in their forum.

Respect goes both ways.
Do you honestly think your incessant badgering and demands for immediate answers was respectful?
Auf wiedersehen!

I expected as much from you!

A little advice- don't be a suck up your whole life.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:12 pm

Posts like that are how threads get locked... =[
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:14 pm

I think the post did what it needed to do and now it's pretty much overkill.

They have heard the woes coming from commercial devs and they have responded.
Thanks @Tom and @Ashley
We all appreciate your efforts and I look forward to testing out Construct 3
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:22 pm

oosyrag wrote:Posts like that are how threads get locked... =[

Please please please.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:23 pm

Yeah, I think the response Lamar is looking for belongs in his other thread which was locked. Lock this one and unlock that one maybe?
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (but not play them)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit Dropbox is a pile of trash and if you need my old files PM me! :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:25 pm

Jayjay wrote:Yeah, I think the response Lamar is looking for belongs in his other thread which was locked. Lock this one and unlock that one maybe?

Lock 'em both.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion