@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

Nintendo Wii U Developer using Construct 2
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:30 pm

Thanks. I will try it. :)
But the Light object has a Height too and it works if I create a global var and increase it every second and set its value as light Height. It's missing?
Bl4ckSh33p-Soft - Custom Software and Indie Games
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:02 am

I started playing around with the Shadow Light and Shadow Caster some today to see how well it worked to see I could utilize it for the shadowing effects. Wondering if anyone has been able to test it out and find a way to deal with shadows starting from transparent parts of sprites. Tried playing around with Shadow Height but didn't seem to change it from the shadow cast or using it as an action.
shadowissue.jpg

If I could get the shadow to start after X pixels from the top to where it started around shoulder height might be better. I've turned down the opacity while playing with it for now and it can hide it down some, but you can still see the shadow is starting based around the outline of the sprite and not based on the content within the sprite finding where the transparency ends and then content of the sprite begins.

But I do agree that the length of the shadows is an issue. If could make it based on the height of the object making the length of the shadow. Or a setting/action where you could set it from 1x/2x/4x/8x/32x/Custom the height of the shadow cast object as the length choosing one of those values / being able to change the values through actions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:01 am

@daehawk , the shadow object already can do what you ask. Not with soft shadows though. Use webGL blurs if you want to soften the shadow's edges.

Have in mind that:

1) The outline of the shadow depends from the collision polygon of the sprite (you'll have to use convex polygon shapes).
2) Each sprite can have different shadow heights. No need to mess with the light's height. You can use multiple lights with the tagging system for more complex setups however.

See the attached capx for an example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:46 am

@daehawk Have you correctly set up the collision mask?
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:46 pm

And here is a slightly more advanced example:

html: http://www.eli0s.com/Tests/Box/

capx:
ShadowHeightsAdv.capx
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:27 pm

@eli0s love your example!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:26 am

Thank you @helena :)
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:01 pm

So... did someone managed to use more than 2 lights to work properly?
Cause this is just dumb.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:34 pm

@shinkan You have to use a WebGL effect to get it working close to how it should work, but I can't use WebGL for my project, so I've not bothered with the plugin really.

I doubt it will be sorted though. Still waiting for the SpriteFont to be updated to a more user-friendly state.
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General