concoon js features in construct 2 r178

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:49 am

the new construct 2 r178 is finally stable and i want to ask is concoon still not supporting letterbox scale?
Banned User
B
7
S
1
Posts: 57
Reputation: 555

Post » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:48 pm

The problem of not supporting the letterbox in cocoonjs is not the c2 problem, c2 updates can't fix this, only updates of cocoonjs, as i know in cocoonjs 2.0.2 the letterbox scale is still not supported.
B
22
S
9
G
7
Posts: 421
Reputation: 6,543

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:16 am

to be exact, the following features are not supported:

"The following features are not supported in CocoonJS. If any of them are used, Construct 2 will print a message to the debug log saying that they are not supported.

- The form control plugins Textbox and Button are not supported.
- The XML object is not supported.
- The Facebook object is not supported.
- The letterbox fullscreen modes are not supported. If they are selected, it will fall back to 'Scale outer' mode instead.
- The Text plugin's 'Set web font' action is not supported.
- The WebStorage plugin's session storage is not available. Use local storage or global variables instead."
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
52
S
22
G
18
Posts: 2,122
Reputation: 17,093

Post » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:31 am

Aphrodite wrote:to be exact, the following features are not supported:

"The following features are not supported in CocoonJS. If any of them are used, Construct 2 will print a message to the debug log saying that they are not supported.

- The form control plugins Textbox and Button are not supported.
- The XML object is not supported.
- The Facebook object is not supported.
- The letterbox fullscreen modes are not supported. If they are selected, it will fall back to 'Scale outer' mode instead.
- The Text plugin's 'Set web font' action is not supported.
- The WebStorage plugin's session storage is not available. Use local storage or global variables instead."



WHAT NOO!!!! please dont say that the webstorage plugin isn't working!!!!! do you you know how many days i waisted just to add that feature in my game!!!!! F**K COONCOON
Banned User
B
7
S
1
Posts: 57
Reputation: 555

Post » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:41 am

IGamesProduction wrote:WHAT NOO!!!! please dont say that the webstorage plugin isn't working!!!!! do you you know how many days i waisted just to add that feature in my game!!!!! F**K COONCOON


"The WebStorage plugin's session storage is not available. Use local storage or global variables instead.

Local storage works fine. Is there any particular reason you would use session storage?
Image
B
93
S
36
G
17
Posts: 351
Reputation: 15,828

Post » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:35 am

robotecollective wrote:
IGamesProduction wrote:WHAT NOO!!!! please dont say that the webstorage plugin isn't working!!!!! do you you know how many days i waisted just to add that feature in my game!!!!! F**K COONCOON


"The WebStorage plugin's session storage is not available. Use local storage or global variables instead.

Local storage works fine. Is there any particular reason you would use session storage?


oh it is only the session storage..... i am sorry. i didn't understand you the first time.. nah its ok i can deel with the local storage.. thx btw
Banned User
B
7
S
1
Posts: 57
Reputation: 555

Post » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:33 am

IGamesProduction wrote:oh it is only the session storage..... i am sorry. i didn't understand you the first time.. nah its ok i can deel with the local storage.. thx btw


No prob! Local storage works fine when saving hiscores etc.
Image
B
93
S
36
G
17
Posts: 351
Reputation: 15,828

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:31 am

robotecollective wrote:
IGamesProduction wrote:oh it is only the session storage..... i am sorry. i didn't understand you the first time.. nah its ok i can deel with the local storage.. thx btw


No prob! Local storage works fine when saving hiscores etc.



but still... what can i use instead of letterbox scale i mean when i preview it in scale outer or scale inner it looks wier in the browser
Banned User
B
7
S
1
Posts: 57
Reputation: 555

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:27 am

IGamesProduction wrote:but still... what can i use instead of letterbox scale i mean when i preview it in scale outer or scale inner it looks wier in the browser


It depends how you design your project. I use scale outer and anchor UI-elements to right places. Take a look at some tutorials how to build a nicely scalable game, it takes some time and testing to get things right. Good luck!
Image
B
93
S
36
G
17
Posts: 351
Reputation: 15,828

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:29 pm

robotecollective wrote:
IGamesProduction wrote:but still... what can i use instead of letterbox scale i mean when i preview it in scale outer or scale inner it looks wier in the browser


It depends how you design your project. I use scale outer and anchor UI-elements to right places. Take a look at some tutorials how to build a nicely scalable game, it takes some time and testing to get things right. Good luck!



the problem is that i dont have the full version right now so i can't test it
Banned User
B
7
S
1
Posts: 57
Reputation: 555


Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests