Configurations howto?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • Hi!

I'm trying to use configurations in order to make a downgraded version of a game (my game consumes too much memory and I'm trying to reduce object number in the mobile version).

I'm trying to do the following:

1) Delete a Container (I will keep the main piece only, wich reduces memory usage by 50%).

RESULT: I delete the container when only "Downgrade" configuration is active, but when I return to the HTML configuration, the container is also deleted.

2) Disable some actions (those which affect 2nd object in the container) in the "Downgrade" configuration.

RESULT: Actions are disabled for all configurations.

3) Adding a "Delete Object" action (so I can delete the object created by container in (1.)

RESULT: "Delete Object" action is shown in all configurations.

Configurations help is very basic, and a search do not show any tutorial on this subject.

My question is: Can anyone explain how do configurations work? Do they work for layout size only? Can I define a variable to detect current configuration, so I can add an event later to detect it?

• Containers aren't really a finished feature. You probably shouldn't use them for the time being.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the info. I will simply made a new capx file.

I should do it either, since I need a different GIT repository if I want to export to the free phonegap.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)