Configuring the runtime debugger

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:39 pm

I'm trying to troubleshoot some problems with saving and restoring values from 2-dimensional arrays. I was using the debugger to inspect the values and I thought arrays were completely broken. Turns out that the debugger is just showing the first element. I can't figure out how to configure it to show the second elements.

Also, I can't seem to use the debugger for much other than to inspect variables during runtime. For example, I wanted to be able to step through each line where it adds to the array. I added a messagebox so during runtime it will appear and then I paused the debugger. Then, I clicked ok on the messagebox, but instead of being able to step through the array stuff the program just continues.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:16 pm

You could add debugging code to your project, for example a text object that shows contents of the array. I debug manually, because the debugger is kinda iffy. I rarely use it, mostly to check on the overhead and get more detailed error messages when my project goes belly up.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:42 pm

Sorry, these are limitations in the debugger you've run up against. It might eventually be improved on, but that would be a long-term project.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic