Configuring the runtime debugger

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • I'm trying to troubleshoot some problems with saving and restoring values from 2-dimensional arrays. I was using the debugger to inspect the values and I thought arrays were completely broken. Turns out that the debugger is just showing the first element. I can't figure out how to configure it to show the second elements.

Also, I can't seem to use the debugger for much other than to inspect variables during runtime. For example, I wanted to be able to step through each line where it adds to the array. I added a messagebox so during runtime it will appear and then I paused the debugger. Then, I clicked ok on the messagebox, but instead of being able to step through the array stuff the program just continues.

• You could add debugging code to your project, for example a text object that shows contents of the array. I debug manually, because the debugger is kinda iffy. I rarely use it, mostly to check on the overhead and get more detailed error messages when my project goes belly up.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry, these are limitations in the debugger you've run up against. It might eventually be improved on, but that would be a long-term project.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)