Congratulation Scirra !!

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Can't remember :D Been here since the dawn of ages :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:31 pm

i was working on a platform game to learn how to make game using game maker, but game maker cant handle with big images and i'm a illustrator, so i decide to look for other engine that alow bigger arts and less program stuff... and i found a game called iconoclasts, made by a guy that used the CC and i found this comunity, the best thing that happens at 2011
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:36 pm

I do web design on the side, and one day I was thinking what could be done with HTML 5's canvas and the like. Was surfing around and found out about you guys. Never had I once been this impressed by a game engine. I've only been here for about week or two. But I love it.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:44 pm

I'd been trying to find a good program to make games with for quite some time, jumping from one to another every month or so. Eventually I just stumbled upon Construct (back in the Classic days)... as soon as I tried it out I deleted the other programs from my computer, thinking, "welp, ain't gonna need those anymore. This is it."
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:55 pm

I was very interested in doing a web-based game, and GM was way behind. One google-fu later and I found C2, and I'll never go back.
Don't see the fnords and they won't eat you!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:08 pm

I started using The Games Factory, then Multimedia Fusion and MMF2. I heard something about construct and downloaded it, but didn't work on my computer back then. A few years later i bought a new computer and one day I remembered trying Construct so I decided trying it again. And it worked! 3 days later I used it for Ludum Dare #19 and it was a success
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:18 pm

I was browsing SFGHQ years ago, and saw mention of construct. At the time, the SFGHQ community was using MMF almost exclusively (as was I), but I still decided to check it out. Construct was OK, but I didn't really pick it up. Some time had passed, and I saw mention of it again, so I checked it out again. This time, I stuck to it and really learned it. This was also about the time I created my forum account. (Man the site has changed since then :D)

From then, I have been checking up on Scirra's work about twice a week, and have been excited to see how far it's come. I have only dabbled in C2, but I hope it grows into something as amazing as CC did.kaos2012-01-06 23:27:17
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:30 pm

A staff member on toribash.com posted about it.
I checked it out. Used CC from there.
And when C2 began to be discussed, it caught my attention, I saw the potential.
The very first public release did not hook me that much (it wasn't particulary featured truth be told ^^).
But quickly after, as it was getting more and more featured at an incredible pace (a matter of months with releases each couple of days at some points) I totaly went to use it in priority and became more involved in the community.

In my eyes C2 is superior to CC. It's subjective and mostly a matter of taste, but just consider the way you use variables in expressions in C2 compared to CC. No more tedious global or value arrays. Haaaaaaaa
^^

I still have a lot of appreciation and respect for CC though, as I learned such a great deal from it and it really paved the way for the fantastic tool that C2 is now.
I'm also expecting the soon to be released next version of CC.
I think its users will be thrilled and it will shut some of the rumors of CC being abandonned.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:50 pm

SPANISH:
Comence a Googlear como hacer juegos y me encontre con CC, asi que busque en youtube tutorial en mi idioma (espaol) y felizmente encontre uno desde ahi vi la facilidad de su uso, de ahi me inscribi en el foro y vi que habia otro llamado C2 estuve asi investigando mas sobre su funcionalidad y sabia que tenia que comprarme la licencia, asi que lo hice y ahora estoy muy alegre y feliz porque cada ves sacan nuevas actualizaciones nuevas versiones y lo bueno es que hay mucho compaerismo mucha ayuda entre nosotros y eso es bueno para todos nosotros que hacemos juegos!. Gracias Scirra por Existir y Html5 tiene para mucho mas! y habra muchas mas sorpresas para este ao 2012!!!

ENGLISH - With google translater :)
I started to Google and do games and I met with CC, so search youtube tutorial in my language (Spanish) and happy to find one from there I saw the ease of use, from there I joined the forum and saw that there was another call C2 so I investigated more about its functionality and knew I had to buy the license, so I did and now I am very glad and happy because every time new updates are removed new versions and the good thing is that there are a lot of camaraderie between us and a lot of help that is good for all of us who do games!. Thanks Scirra HTML5 has to exist and for much more! and there will be many more surprises for this year 2012!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:02 pm

I heard about it from Richard Perrin's talk on how to get started in game design.

you can make video gamesoldsatchmo2012-01-07 16:04:20
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General