Connect Physics Together

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple yet very life-like rag doll made with Physics!
  • Hi all,

trying to connect a character together with revolute joints, but I can't seem to get it working. I have put the image points at the locations I want to connect, and I'm telling the objects to move to the correct position, and then connect the objects to the points.

Click here to CAPX

Doesn't matter which order I do this in, the objects just seem to move around by either a central location, or get tied up.

I seem to recall seeing a new option that allows you to disable physic collisions.

I'm very tired atm, so sorry if it's difficult to understand what I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi All,

made a bit of progress (The error appears to be it not recognising the objects origin point, so I replaced it with an image point and that worked. The problem I'm having now is that I'm trying to get the objects to always face a certain direction. See below:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50465867/ConnectChar.capx

I want the joints to connect correctly, but I want the object to follow the mouse cursor (In this instance, the arm). The only way I can get close to what I want is with the impulse event set to 100, but even then it's very wobbly. The rotate to position event just breaks the object apart. I can probably do what I want without physics, but I'd like the object to have rag doll on click.

I'm hoping to get a simple "look at" command sorted out.

Any ideas?

• Terribly sorry, I don't want to bump this, but can anyone please drop me a post to say whether it's possible at all?I know I could do this if I wasn't using the physics behaviour, but until I can turn behaviours on and off, there isn't much I can do about that.

With impulse I was able to get the closest to what I'm aiming at, but it isn't working. I would have thought torque would be the way to go, but that isn't giving me what I want. Because I have the physics behaviour always on, when I position the objects in the correct location it treats it as movement, and spins the objects all over the place. That's why I tried to add in the "look at mouse" command.

Please guys, even if it's an "It can't be done" reply, I'll be happy to move onto another method. It's just as far as I can tell, I have all the pieces, but the puzzle just wont come together.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)