Consider Cocoon if XDK is not working (updated)

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:29 pm

part12studios wrote:interesting solution! so the difference here is saying hide it first.. then load it.. set the banner position.. and then show it? interseting you position it before actually showing it

Well, I've always wanted it hiding then showing when the player loses, but for some reason this combination fixed it from refreshing and refreshing as soon as it gets a new ad. Can't get leaderboards to work whatsoever though and that developer app of theirs isn't any use, just told me that letterbox scaling is unsupported and loaded a bunch of plugins in the log.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:47 pm

hey i got a tip from Sang Ki that might help us with some of these issues.. try making your game with webview.. not canvas + yes i know this might have other issues, but just try it. canvas + is a kind of hybrid creation of cocoon io..

because it does do it's own thing in some areas.. compatibility problems with plugins / functions CAN crop up.. might even fix the refresh issue.. i'm going to test my screen capture plugin from sang ki now to see if that makes any differnce..
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:11 pm

just remember that of course using webview or webview+ means the canvas+ plugin is no longer a thing..
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:13 pm

part12studios wrote:hey i got a tip from Sang Ki that might help us with some of these issues.. try making your game with webview.. not canvas + yes i know this might have other issues, but just try it. canvas + is a kind of hybrid creation of cocoon io..

because it does do it's own thing in some areas.. compatibility problems with plugins / functions CAN crop up.. might even fix the refresh issue.. i'm going to test my screen capture plugin from sang ki now to see if that makes any differnce..

Isn't the performance on webview worse than canvas+? I think we need performance to be at the absolute best it can be, it's slow enough trying to use html5 on smartphones as it is, very difficult to get solid 60fps for any longer than a second or so before it drops in canvas+.

you got a tip from Sang Ki? how did you manage that? :D

part12studios wrote:just remember that of course using webview or webview+ means the canvas+ plugin is no longer a thing..

Not currently using it as I thinned my events down as much as possible to try and get ads working correctly.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:15 pm

yes performance might be not as great.. but don't assume it means bad... different kinds of game logic and movement require different kind of performance.. i haven't seen your game.. but what i am saying is try it.. if you can confirm it works in one and not the other this helps give you ammo to go to Cocoon IO support and say.. "hey guys this doesn't work, can you fix it?"
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:16 pm

Also @zebbi you should open a thread on the game engine section of the cocoon io and share this discovery..

1. it could help others

2. it will help the cocoon io people see something is up that they should look into fixing.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:59 pm

part12studios wrote:Also @zebbi you should open a thread on the game engine section of the cocoon io and share this discovery..

1. it could help others

2. it will help the cocoon io people see something is up that they should look into fixing.

I was going to anyways, I've added it to my topic: https://forums.cocoon.io/t/ads-keep-cha ... econd/1588

You'll notice I'm the only poster in that thread cause barely anyone else exists on those forums.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:00 pm

part12studios wrote:yes performance might be not as great.. but don't assume it means bad... different kinds of game logic and movement require different kind of performance.. i haven't seen your game.. but what i am saying is try it.. if you can confirm it works in one and not the other this helps give you ammo to go to Cocoon IO support and say.. "hey guys this doesn't work, can you fix it?"

Webview+ didn't fix leaderboards and performance seemed virtually the same though perhaps slightly worse, can't be certain though, my fps counter looked very similar.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:04 pm

yea so far my webview testing hasn't helped my situation either.. in fact i'm having some issues getting things to compile now with webview at all.. glad to be a silver member though now so i can have test projects up along side my actual projects and not have to share the same space..
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:46 pm

part12studios wrote:yea so far my webview testing hasn't helped my situation either.. in fact i'm having some issues getting things to compile now with webview at all.. glad to be a silver member though now so i can have test projects up along side my actual projects and not have to share the same space..

Have you figured out how to keep an app logged in forever to google games? I appreciate a one-time login but everytime I start the app?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General