Consider Cocoon if XDK is not working (updated)

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:34 am

part12studios wrote:yea you don't try to control the volume.. use the tag in your audio.. call it.. "music" for example.. then you use the pause command and refer it by that tag.. pause / resume respectively.

Thanks! Got it working now so I can have seperate toggles for music and sound. I'll have to test it more tomorrow to make sure but now its 4:30 am here so I'm going to bed :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:39 am

awesome glad you made it happ'n cap'n :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:54 am

i get faster answer here all now no one look on my post over cocoon... @thatserafimkid i found the cause and fix it lol

so mopub cant show video ads
if i am not wrong from what i read in construct 2 i add cocoon IO ads plugin then enter Mopub ID, upload to cocoon and add the Mopub plugin then build game
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:42 am

yes that should work.. the only issue right now is that you can only do one ad with the cocoon io plugin..

the trick to the plugin is making sure you add (under plugins on cocoon io site) to include the right services to reflect what you setup in C2.. admob.. adcolony.. mopub.. etc..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:58 pm

I managed to make cocoon.io look native by turning off pixel rounding and destroying certain sprites that left the viewport by inverting "is on-screen". I use chipmunk physics which is alot faster than C2's and it's smooth at 60fps at most times. Cocoon is definitely the future and I hate smart phones (I have an iPhone 5s for messenging but test on my friends Sony Xperia), never play apps and didn't know jack about developing for apps until a month ago. I've got a whole load of plugins I'm using in C2 and I didn't develop my current app with any particular device in mind, I just used horizontal 16:9 for the layout. if I can get silk smooth with cocoon, there's really no reason why anyone else can't.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:05 pm

@zebbi glad it's going well for you still. No solution out there is going to be without some bumps along the way, but from what I am see it's the best option..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:56 pm

part12studios wrote:@zebbi glad it's going well for you still. No solution out there is going to be without some bumps along the way, but from what I am see it's the best option..

Oh bumps, I've had too many to count, but after persisting and persisting, it came out well in the end.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:51 pm

Decided to put in some banner ads but they keep flashing on and off all the time. Have tested in developer app and in compiled apk.. same result. any thoughts on that.
Oh yes by the way, have tested my sound and music buttons and now they work great so thanks for all the help with that! :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:05 pm

@MonDieu actually you're in luck.. @zebbi found a solution to that.. i'm not able to reference it now, but I bet he'll be able to link what he did to fix that issue.

We're not sure where the problem is, but he has or is going to raise it to Cocoon IO's folks to see if there is something they can do about it.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:17 pm

@MonDieu
Here's the way it fixes that for me, still refreshes once but I'm working on a solution to that, for now:
Start of Layout >
-------------------------Hide Banner Ad
-------------------------Load a Banner Ad
-------------------------Set banner layout
When you want to show ads
Trigger Once >
-------------------------Show the banner ad
Last edited by Zebbi on Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General