Consider Cocoon if XDK is not working (updated)

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:33 am

andreyin wrote:Anyway, CocoonIO is limited to only 2 free apps so you'd have to pay $14.90/month to get at least 10 projects on it, but I'm not sure if you can just erase old projects after you've exported them to .apk then upload new ones.

Yup, that's the weird thing about it, you can do exactly that. I tested many of my previous built games to get an idea of the performance. I have yet to see any restrictions or limitations on that part. I guess the only issue might be convenience, where we can just upload a new zip file and have all our settings saved, but honestly that is something we can set in about 1 minute, so I think it should be an issue.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:02 am

andreyin wrote:I think.. As long as you avoid using a lot of layers and "every tick" blocks, you should be fine.

i think that is the problem too seems like it only work with about one layout game with about 40 simple events
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:22 am

If Cocoon.IO proves to be a good alternative, I'd also like to see Scirra making it offically supported as an export platform ( while keeping the XDK support as well). It's safer to stand on more legs.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:48 pm

Tested out the new CocoonIO and it definitely gets a much better speed for my short mat bowls app. Annoying thing is I used the PeerJS plugin to make online matches so this isn't compatible. Shame as otherwise it could be a viable alternative now. XDK seems to get slower for me with newer releases =(

Anyone using the new CocoonIO know how to fix the screen scaling issue?

Thanks,
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:51 pm

What keeps me away from using Cocoon.io is the lack of a loading screen, immediately after their splash screen. A completely black screen for several seconds gives the user the impression that the game has crashed and in my opinion it looks really bad. Until this get solved I will continue to use the IntelXDK path.
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:54 pm

Mayfly wrote:Tested out the new CocoonIO and it definitely gets a much better speed for my short mat bowls app. Annoying thing is I used the PeerJS plugin to make online matches so this isn't compatible. Shame as otherwise it could be a viable alternative now. XDK seems to get slower for me with newer releases =(

Anyone using the new CocoonIO know how to fix the screen scaling issue?

Thanks,

Wait, Cocoon still have this issue? If so, then that's a problem for me...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:44 pm

Hey there, @Mayfly

Have you looked at this?: https://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/c ... ing-fixes/
Risk Rocket now available on Google Play
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:12 pm

I haven't had any problems with scaling.. The only problem I did face was the letterbox mode was left aligned.. setting the parallax of X on all layouts to 100 fixed it though perfectly.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:22 pm

Hi, I looked at those and tried all three. Maybe I'm doing something wrong as it still comes up wrong. Game has a bar underneath which glitches with pay off the graphics from the later above.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvoezgz5ti99i ... 2.png?dl=0

B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:26 pm

glerikud wrote:If Cocoon.IO proves to be a good alternative, I'd also like to see Scirra making it offically supported as an export platform ( while keeping the XDK support as well). It's safer to stand on more legs.

If I recall correctly, it actually use to be
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General