Consider Cocoon if XDK is not working (updated)

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:31 am

well the reason they don't do this is probably because it really requires true emulation of a device (like you do in xcode) and this isn't open source for anyone to do. Android would be more likely a platform that could be easily emulated by developers.

It does make you wonder if an IPA can be side loaded into an emulator.. I may need to look into that. Same with Android but seeing that android is usually my secondary market I'd like to insure iOS works before android.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:09 pm

There is a bug with LocalStorage in XDK/Safari for iPhones.

@part12studios

Do you use LocalStorage for iOS and it works fine with CocoonIO?

I know they implement their own WKWebView, Webserver and such for it, that is different to Cordova and XDK uses.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:19 pm

yea localstorage seems to be working ok for me so far. I'm not doing anything too complex with that though my current project is using about 8 different local storage objects..
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:58 pm

part12studios wrote:yea localstorage seems to be working ok for me so far. I'm not doing anything too complex with that though my current project is using about 8 different local storage objects..

Good to know.

I'll use whichever one works. :)

The confusing thing about CocoonIO is their pricing, basically if you pay a single month and compile your game, what if the subscription is not renewed, your game is already on the market, it works, right?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:20 am

see next post.. server made a duplicate
Last edited by part12studios on Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:22 am

yea it would still work.. what you're paying for are two big things (for the silver plan, which is what i have)..

- 10 projects instead of 2

- faster cue for compiling..

so i guess if you let it expire then you'd go back to 2 projects. which ones you keep i don't know.. maybe the most recent ones.. but really if you're only doing 1-2 games.. you can use the free version.. really the faster cue time is nice but not like mega difference.

I paid the $120 for the year mostly to support the service.. people using it for free really can't bitch about anything.. at least as a paying customer we're helping them keep going..

so many people are accustomed to everything being free because of google or whoever.. they forget most people don't have billions of dollars in the bank.. they actually have to make money off their service.. so I'd like Cocoon IO to stick around and get better for Construct 2 users.. so I give support them
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:11 am

Im a buildbox user, you have limited controls over it, construct 2 is better if you want to take total control of the game you're making. I created Jumpy Dragy (Flappy bird style) in less than an hour. You can make game on buildbox faster but limited. I still vote for construct 2 and excited for construct 3.
B

Post » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:13 am

@chayd thanks for sharing that about buildbox. gamesalad i think is also more like buildbox.. easy to use, but very much a "walled garden" and the move very slow.

in some ways this can be good though.. sometimes working within limitations can improve productivity. i must admit there are times i miss that about the games i made in GameSalad, but it's lack of features / lack of plugins / slow evolution drove me away because I had outgrown it.. but leaving that did leave some features behind that i miss.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:21 am

I just made an app that runs near (if not) 60 fps, just fyi:
A sample made with Intel XDK (to test the framerate, etc.):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... xingroyale
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:18 am

STARTECHSTUDIOS wrote:I just made an app that runs near (if not) 60 fps, just fyi:
A sample made with Intel XDK (to test the framerate, etc.):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... xingroyale

Is that after the recent xdk update?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General