Consider Cocoon if XDK is not working (updated)

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:20 am

I tried my game in the two, Cocoon had some lags with the data load that I did not notice in XDK, also cocoon does not do the fseek function correctly in the sound, that is to say, change of temporal position a sound or song, there is also lag there. I also had black screen error. In this occasion XDK was much better for me but in the management of plugins and all that cocoon affair seems to me faster.
B
28
S
11
G
18
Posts: 689
Reputation: 12,592

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:59 am

Is there an updated guide for compiling a game with xdk? It's been a year since I tried it and I'm happy to build for the future and skip crosswalks bloat in favour of webview to target 5.0+ android versions. With cocoon I only used Adsense and leaderboards, and I bought cranberrys but never used them. The old shutter box guide is down now, is there one I could follow that's up to date?
B
39
S
12
G
14
Posts: 1,110
Reputation: 11,184

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:23 am

Zebbi wrote:Is there an updated guide for compiling a game with xdk? It's been a year since I tried it and I'm happy to build for the future and skip crosswalks bloat in favour of webview to target 5.0+ android versions. With cocoon I only used Adsense and leaderboards, and I bought cranberrys but never used them. The old shutter box guide is down now, is there one I could follow that's up to date?


To me webview has always given me a problem, when you start the application, often a dark color bar appears at the bottom of the screen, this causes the full screen does not run, then you have to send the application to the background and recover it again, or close it and reopen it. I like WebView but it should be a bit faster and fix that problem.
Or maybe it's a C2 problem?.

I do not know an updated guide but I think it is not difficult to compile with XDK.
B
28
S
11
G
18
Posts: 689
Reputation: 12,592

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:37 am

I made a guide ;)
https://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/i ... nstruct-2/

If you are missing something, let me know.

Regards
Andy
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
81
S
27
G
26
Posts: 1,025
Reputation: 24,493

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:54 am

yea i may rename this thread to "consider cocoon" heh.. I've been lucky really. performance for anything I've ever made has been great on both. I don't know what games people are making that struggle but it would be interesting to find out what games struggle. maybe there is a common issue or certain issues that are inherently more cpu demanding and don't play well with the wrappers (XDK or Cocoon) since they both approach things slightly different.
B
54
S
9
G
1
Posts: 915
Reputation: 6,362

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:24 pm

AndreasR wrote:I made a guide ;)
https://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/i ... nstruct-2/

If you are missing something, let me know.

Regards
Andy

That's the one! Does this guide cover the newer webview export?
B
39
S
12
G
14
Posts: 1,110
Reputation: 11,184

Post » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:09 pm

Zebbi wrote:
AndreasR wrote:I made a guide ;)
https://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/i ... nstruct-2/

If you are missing something, let me know.

Regards
Andy

That's the one! Does this guide cover the newer webview export?


Yes it's for the latest XDK version ;)
You can also find a video for iOS here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAATAnVU6w8

Regards
Andy
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
81
S
27
G
26
Posts: 1,025
Reputation: 24,493

Post » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:27 pm

Also, I found the cocoon.io performance (for my very pre pre alpha game) (using the accelerated Canvas+ option) to be maybe 20-30% better than native browser and other wrappers.
"That terminator is out there, it cant be bargained with, it cant be reasoned with, it doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear, and it absolutely will not stop...EVER, until you are dead!"
B
27
S
14
G
6
Posts: 157
Reputation: 5,881

Post » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:02 pm

NetOne wrote:Also, I found the cocoon.io performance (for my very pre pre alpha game) (using the accelerated Canvas+ option) to be maybe 20-30% better than native browser and other wrappers.

Was that better than the latest XDK?
B
39
S
12
G
14
Posts: 1,110
Reputation: 11,184

Post » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:16 pm

Okay, so before I start trying to learn xdk again, let's say I target only android 5+
• is canvas+ still faster than xdk webview or xdk crosswalk?
• is canvas+ still smaller than xdk webview or xdk crosswalk?
• do cranberrys leaderboard and in app ad plugins work yet or are there official solutions now?
• actually, what does @ashley actually think?
B
39
S
12
G
14
Posts: 1,110
Reputation: 11,184

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Artcadev and 8 guests