Consider Cocoon if XDK is not working (updated)

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:30 am

interesting about the unsupported stuff.. Definitely something to think about when troubleshooting.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:18 am

As far as I can tell Cocoon doesn't work with Construct 2's Browser object. I tried building with Webview+ but the buttons that launch URLs, and work on the PC and with Intel XDX, don't work with Webview+.

The code works on PC and with Intel XDX but the same exact code doesn't work with Webview+.

I would love to use Canvas+ and I have nothing against using Cocoon's Canvas+ plugin for a Browser in game and for using Canvas+ to build, but Canvas+ doesn't support buttons and text boxes.

I'm not going to make more work for the artist in my friends' and I group, so I'm sticking with buttons, and we need text boxes because we have player lives and a player's score. So Canvas+ won't work.

Is there anyway to let Construct 2's Browser object work with Webview+ ?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:45 am

It does work fine. Just install the "inappbrowser" plugin to your cocoon project.

Regards
Andy
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:32 pm

@Phoenixbowman

The browser object does work with Webview+, you just have to add a couple of plugins and lines of code to config.xml to get it to work.

As @AndreasR said, you need to add the 'inappbrowser' plugin and you need to add the 'whitelist' plugin as well. Also, you need to add the following code to your config.xml, just copy and paste the lines below.

<access origin="*"/>
<allow-intent href="http://*/*"/>
<allow-intent href="https://*/*"/>
<allow-intent href="tel:*"/>
<allow-intent href="sms:*"/>
<allow-intent href="mailto:*"/>
<allow-intent href="geo:*"/>
<platform name="android">
<allow-intent href="market:*"/>
<preference name="enabled" value="true"/>
</platform>

I had the same issue but this worked for me and haven't had any issues with since.
Image ImageImage
B
S

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General