Construct 0.94.2 released

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
94 Inside buildings views - Isometric view - PNG transparent - 2048x2048
  • http://downloads.sourceforge.net/constr ... irror=osdn

Heh, well... after 3 weeks of code changes some things didn't go quite right, notably the display engine, which was leaking memory all over the place. That's now fixed, as well as one or two problems that were reported. If you downloaded 0.94, you should get 0.94.2 ASAP.

Changes from 0.94 -> 0.94.2:

• [FIX] Crash in .caps using Physics
    • [FIX] Memory leak in display engine
    • [FIX] Prompt to crop images when loading into Picture Editor
    • [FIX] Platform movement behavior

The 0.94 changelog for reference:

Behaviors

• [ADD] Fade behaviour: easily fade object opacities without needing private variables or timedeltas
    • [ADD] 'Compare speed' condition to 8 Direction movement
    • [ADD] 'Set rotate speed' action / 'RotateSpeed' expression to Car movement
    • [ADD] 'Get target UID' to turret movement behavior
    • [FIX] Gravity direction in Platform Movement Behavior

Event sheet editor

• [ADD] New Find dialog to Event Sheet Editor to locate text in expressions. Click an event to switch to it
    • [FIX] New system for Copy To Text to ensure stability in chronological mode
    • [FIX] .cap files became corrupted when changing a condition's object retrospectively
    • [FIX] Global variables sometimes muddling over one another
    • [FIX] Inline editing of parameters failed sometimes
    • [FIX] Inserting a system expression from the object panel gave wrong syntax
    • [CHANGE] New Event Wizard; much faster entry via a progressive filter.

Example: Type S, hit enter, type Cl, hit enter

Layers

• [FIX] Effects now initialize properly if layers are hidden
    • [CHANGE] Layer thumbnails are now updated if layer is invisible
    • [CHANGE] Clicking an object in the layer bar now shows animations

Layout editor

• [ADD] New filter to the Insert Object Dialog to find key words in object descriptions and ACEs (to find what object has what functionality)
    • [FIX] Data & Files objects show in Insert Object Dialog once more
    • [FIX] Incorrect icons in Insert Object Dialog for applications
    • [FIX] Deleting an object in a cloned layout now doesn't affect the original

Picture editor

• [ADD] Detection of loading images too large for your hardware to support. Prompts if you want to crop and continue.
    • [FIX] Changing tools and resizing wont leave brush mark behind
    • [FIX] Pasting PNG into Picture Editor now imports alpha
    • [FIX] Resizing crash in Picture Editor
    • [FIX] Eraser tool in Picture Editor

Plugins

• [ADD] New Version Info object to get version and company information from .EXE files
    • [ADD] System Information object is back
    • [ADD] Mouse & Keyboard: 'Either' now an option for detecting single or double clicks - helps with click-based shooting games
    • [FIX] Text objects support rendering at floating point x/y coordinates for smooth scaling/scrolling etc
    • [FIX] Canvas: supports being resized with 'Grab layout' enabled
    • [FIX] Rotation errors on 3D box

Projects

• [FIX] Can no longer drag layouts past event sheets or event sheets past layouts in Project Bar
    • [FIX] If a file failed to load it no longer shows in Project Bar
    • [FIX] Bug when deleting layers; objects were sometimes not deleted correctly (caused growing .cap files)
    • [FIX] When adding event sheets they are immediately added to the Project Bar
    • [FIX] Crash when loading with a missing effect file (.fx)
    • [FIX] Expanding .cap bug where an infinite loop could occur while saving
    • [FIX] Crash when unloading projects
    • [CHANGE] Files now not written to disk until save is complete without errors (should mean no more lost .cap files)
    • [CHANGE] .cap files have an associated icon in Windows (missing file from installer)

Runtime

• [ADD] MouseX / MouseY expressions to Mouse & Keyboard object (shortcuts to system expressions)
    • [ADD] Set fullscreen/windowed mode at runtime
    • [ADD] 'lerp' (linear interpolation) system expression: lerp(a,b,x) calculates a + x(b-a) like the HLSL intrinsic
    • [FIX] Running a fullscreen preview no longer disables all effects in the layout editor
    • [FIX] Improvements to fullscreen mode at runtime - lost device handling, fixed some lockups and glitches
    • [FIX] Rendering glitches occasionally occurring with layers and effects
    • [FIX] Co-ordinate problems when using layouts smaller than the window
    • [FIX] Certain combinations of loop conditions crashed the runtime
    • [FIX] Scrolling during transitions affected both frames
    • [FIX] Crash using transitions in a single layout preview
    • [FIX] Crash simulating shader with transitions
    • [FIX] Getting animation name now works correctly
    • [FIX] Mouse & Keyboard: problems testing clicks/mouseovers on objects with scaling
    • [FIX] Right clicking titlebar / messageboxes / modal dialogs no longer jump timedelta values (caused jumping movements)
    • [FIX] Crash creating objects on layer 0. Referencing an invalid layer also causes a debugger prompt.
    • [OPT] Significant improvements to the rendering engine efficiency; improvements of up to 20 times faster in some areas believe it or not!
  • Killer... Kind of glad I didn't have time to download 0.94 what with all the destruction derby action going on etc...

Will test this out tonight fo'sho!

• Yay! Nice job!

• Great job on the new build. I no longer have to worry about my .caps bugging out on me.

Although I did notice a problem. Whenever I use the "get token" thing it kind of bugs out and instead of getting all of the text I want, it takes characters off the end(kind of hard to explain). Of course this could have been there for ages since I've never used the feature.

• Good job on the fix! That was mighty fast. Can't wait to take it for a spin when I get on my other computer.

• Great! At first I was wondering why it took my machine down with it when it crashed, or when it was just on for a long time, but now I know!

And it doesn't do it anymore!

Great!

I love you!

• Something seems to have broken the 3DBox. Which is interesting, because it doesn't seem to be the 3dbox plugin itself (I'd been using the newest one on 0.93 for a few days).

My old 3D Proof of Concept .cap (this is the original upload link): http://www.fileshack.us/get_file.php?id ... oncept.cap

Might just be my video card, but this is what I'm getting.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's really wacky... the texture even changes frames to match the Mario sprite in the center. 3D Boxes aren't even supposed to be able to have animated textures

When you rotate the Mario sprite off-screen, the texture corrects itself. And aren't your boxes supposed to be green on top?

Edit:

Okay, I've finally gotten around to testing some things out. I can open my project now, which is good... but the platform movement is still broken, which is bad.

It's not as broken as before (seeing as how it actually loads now), but there are problems, mainly with the jumping. I tried it out on a fresh .cap and it's doing the same thing... if you jump while standing still then the sprite makes a puny little jump that gets cut off too soon. If you jump while you're moving left or right, it jumps to it's normal height. And when it hits the ground after a jump or a fall, it jerks to a stop for a fraction of a second and loses all horizontal momentum. Hitting a ceiling also makes it lose momentum.

The sprite also sticks to walls, and jumping against a wall will cut the jump short the same as jumping into a ceiling.

The new gravity directions also don't work properly. The sprite gets stuck in the air when you jump, or sticks to ceilings and walls, until you press one of the left/right movement keys.

• Nice and fast update.

• That's really wacky... the texture even changes frames to match the Mario sprite in the center. 3D Boxes aren't even supposed to be able to have animated textures

When you rotate the Mario sprite off-screen, the texture corrects itself. And aren't your boxes supposed to be green on top?

Sorry, the boxes are supposed to be green on top, and darker brown on the bottom. I should've explained that a bit better.

From what I've tested, whatever texture you have as the 'Right' side of the box, covers all sides instead.

http://www.fileshack.us/get_file.php?id ... oncept.exe

Theres the original compiled .exe of my proof of concept, if you want to see the difference.

• I'm pretty sure the 3D Box problems are a side effect of the display updates that have been going on. I'll see if I can do something about it.

• Platform object: gravitational direction still doesnt appear to be working for anything other than down.

• Noted, will be fixed next build.

• Is intellisense still not working? Construct asks for paramiters but i don't know what it want's.

Also some times it requires ' ' whilst other times " ".

Is ' ' for a variable and " " a string or name?

• [quote:lqep9lgs]Is ' ' for a variable and " " a string or name?

That sounds about right. 'Single quotes' always refer to global or private variables. "Double quotes" refer to strings.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)