Construct 0.94 released

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
94 Inside buildings views - Isometric view - PNG transparent - 2048x2048
  • http://downloads.sourceforge.net/constr ... irror=osdn

Here's your 0.94. Let me know how things work out.

Included in this is a fairly substantial overhaul of the rendering engine; it should be MUCH faster now (profiling shows maybe 20x faster for particle effects with additive blending), and I can get up to 9000 sprites without effects on screen and moving at V-sync rate. Further updates coming, but this might cause display glitches if anything wasn't done right - keep your eyes peeled and let me know.

Behaviors

• [ADD] Fade behaviour: easily fade object opacities without needing private variables or timedeltas
    • [ADD] 'Compare speed' condition to 8 Direction movement
    • [ADD] 'Set rotate speed' action / 'RotateSpeed' expression to Car movement
    • [ADD] 'Get target UID' to turret movement behavior
    • [FIX] Gravity direction in Platform Movement Behavior

Event sheet editor

• [ADD] New Find dialog to Event Sheet Editor to locate text in expressions. Click an event to switch to it
    • [FIX] New system for Copy To Text to ensure stability in chronological mode
    • [FIX] .cap files became corrupted when changing a condition's object retrospectively
    • [FIX] Global variables sometimes muddling over one another
    • [FIX] Inline editing of parameters failed sometimes
    • [FIX] Inserting a system expression from the object panel gave wrong syntax
    • [CHANGE] New Event Wizard; much faster entry via a progressive filter.

Example: Type S, hit enter, type Cl, hit enter

Layers

• [FIX] Effects now initialize properly if layers are hidden
    • [CHANGE] Layer thumbnails are now updated if layer is invisible
    • [CHANGE] Clicking an object in the layer bar now shows animations

Layout editor

• [ADD] New filter to the Insert Object Dialog to find key words in object descriptions and ACEs (to find what object has what functionality)
    • [FIX] Data & Files objects show in Insert Object Dialog once more
    • [FIX] Incorrect icons in Insert Object Dialog for applications
    • [FIX] Deleting an object in a cloned layout now doesn't affect the original

Picture editor

• [ADD] Detection of loading images too large for your hardware to support. Prompts if you want to crop and continue.
    • [FIX] Changing tools and resizing wont leave brush mark behind
    • [FIX] Pasting PNG into Picture Editor now imports alpha
    • [FIX] Resizing crash in Picture Editor
    • [FIX] Eraser tool in Picture Editor

Plugins

• [ADD] New Version Info object to get version and company information from .EXE files
    • [ADD] System Information object is back
    • [ADD] Mouse & Keyboard: 'Either' now an option for detecting single or double clicks - helps with click-based shooting games
    • [FIX] Text objects support rendering at floating point x/y coordinates for smooth scaling/scrolling etc
    • [FIX] Canvas: supports being resized with 'Grab layout' enabled
    • [FIX] Rotation errors on 3D box

Projects

• [FIX] Can no longer drag layouts past event sheets or event sheets past layouts in Project Bar
    • [FIX] If a file failed to load it no longer shows in Project Bar
    • [FIX] Bug when deleting layers; objects were sometimes not deleted correctly (caused growing .cap files)
    • [FIX] When adding event sheets they are immediately added to the Project Bar
    • [FIX] Crash when loading with a missing effect file (.fx)
    • [FIX] Expanding .cap bug where an infinite loop could occur while saving
    • [FIX] Crash when unloading projects
    • [CHANGE] Files now not written to disk until save is complete without errors (should mean no more lost .cap files)
    • [CHANGE] .cap files have an associated icon in Windows (missing file from installer)

Runtime

• [ADD] MouseX / MouseY expressions to Mouse & Keyboard object (shortcuts to system expressions)
    • [ADD] Set fullscreen/windowed mode at runtime
    • [ADD] 'lerp' (linear interpolation) system expression: lerp(a,b,x) calculates a + x(b-a) like the HLSL intrinsic
    • [FIX] Running a fullscreen preview no longer disables all effects in the layout editor
    • [FIX] Improvements to fullscreen mode at runtime - lost device handling, fixed some lockups and glitches
    • [FIX] Rendering glitches occasionally occurring with layers and effects
    • [FIX] Co-ordinate problems when using layouts smaller than the window
    • [FIX] Certain combinations of loop conditions crashed the runtime
    • [FIX] Scrolling during transitions affected both frames
    • [FIX] Crash using transitions in a single layout preview
    • [FIX] Crash simulating shader with transitions
    • [FIX] Getting animation name now works correctly
    • [FIX] Mouse & Keyboard: problems testing clicks/mouseovers on objects with scaling
    • [FIX] Right clicking titlebar / messageboxes / modal dialogs no longer jump timedelta values (caused jumping movements)
    • [FIX] Crash creating objects on layer 0. Referencing an invalid layer also causes a debugger prompt.
    • [OPT] Significant improvements to the rendering engine efficiency; improvements of up to 20 times faster in some areas believe it or not!
  • What a juicy update! Thank you for working in the efficiency update into 0.94. I'll provide any results from my testing later on. I am particularly happy about the animation stuff. Things are starting to show promise in my arwing fighter now.

• Nice! Glad to see so many pesky crashes fixed up. Can't wait to give the souped-up rendering a test drive, too

• huzzah!

• Wow... looks like I joined at a good time!

(glances at clock)

Damn. Four more hours until I can go home and give it a try.

• Uh-oh

When I try to preview my LHiT project in .94 I get these:

Faulting application construct.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module msvcr80.dll, version 8.0.50727.1433, fault address 0x00015500.
    [/code:3d7e6b5l]

[code:3d7e6b5l]
    Faulting application temp.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module temp.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00064867.

Faulting application construct.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module physics.csx, version 1.0.0.1, fault address 0x000116a0.

And finally, it crashes Dr Watson (maybe his monocle popped out and he choked on his tea or something):

Faulting application drwtsn32.exe, version 5.1.2600.0, faulting module dbghelp.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x0001295d.

It crashes when I try to build it too.  I've been able to run other stuff just fine, though.
  • Is it reproducable? Send the .cap over to and I'll get to the bottom of it.

• Sent!

And thanks

• It looks like the same bug Arima sent in a file for. It's crashing in something to do with triggered events. I guess certain pattern of events is buggy. I'll have a look at it soon...

Bugfixing golddust is if you can reproduce this in the smallest, simplest .cap possible... unless its a "happens-with-loads-of-events" bug...

• I'll run through some of my more simple caps and see if the same thing happens. I've been able to run everything else so far though.

• Oh holy... SWEEET!!! Looks like my search idea worked out pretty well! This will absolutely speed things up! The Alpha-channels in the picture editor is also one of the highlights! And.. 20x speed! Awsome!

The plattform movement doesn't seem to work at all for me though.

You are truly incredible Ash!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oh damn, I can confirm the platform movement isn't working... why is that one such a problem? Heh. Hotfixes in a day or two hopefully.

• Okay, I found a cap that errors in .94 but not .93:

Faulting application temp.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module temp.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00064867.
    [/code:26ws0e01]

It's the same as one of the other errors above.  Here's the .cap:

[url=http://www.mediafire.com/?cuqwrmby9wg]http://www.mediafire.com/?cuqwrmby9wg[/url]

It's the beginning of my blob-building test.  It only has a few events.  If you need me to dig around for any other examples let me know.
  • w00t!

Looks like I have something awesome to download and install once I get home! Killer work as always... cheers Ash!

• Hope this one is stable enough to work with, thanks

Keep it up!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)