Construct 0.87 released

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:12 pm

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/constr ... irror=osdn

Well, whaddya know, turns out coding Construct is a great way to procrastinate ;) My exams finish Friday!

I'm sorting out some extra coding help which should be helping boost future builds.

Here's the changelog:
- [FIX] Closing any project/template will no longer crash
- [FIX] Dragging actions in Chrono view now uses a vertical caret instead of a horizontal one
- [FIX] Crash in some animations when using sub-animations.
- [FIX] MessageBox system action now has correct parameter order
- [FIX] ComboBox bug whereby loading may produce a weird item
- [FIX] Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V shortcuts now work in event sheet editor
- [FIX] When deleting events relating to a deleted family, actions and conditions referring to the deleted family in object parameters are now also deleted.
- [FIX] Crash saving/loading in Array object.
- [FIX] Can no longer delete event sheets that a layout is using.
- [FIX] Crash using families with movements in some circumstances.
- [FIX] Animator bar clears when you close a project.
- [FIX] Crash sometimes when pasting clones
- [CHANGE] Groups and subevents did not indent far enough.
- [CHANGE] Many dialogs standardized (same appearance)
- [CHANGE] Mid and Find system expressions now use 1-based indices (previously 0-based, anything 0-based in Construct should be reported as a bug)
- [CHANGE] Expressions ScrollXLeft, ScrollXRight, ScrollYTop and ScrollYBottom can now optionally take a layer param to get the values for a specific layer.
- [ADD] Keyboard shortcuts to Animator Bar (delete, C, V (note control does not have to be held to copy/paste frames))
- [ADD] New XHTMLTree control in Project bar to allow dragging and dropping (in future will expand Project Bar for more features)
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:40 am

Niice! Some really good fixes there. Have you skipped the fading when klicking file, new, and things like that or am i just dreaming? Everything seems to run much faster!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:44 am

wow I've been using this build quite intensively since it's release and it never crashed, unlike the previous builds.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:00 am

[quote="MikeD":2y4b2ol3]wow I've been using this build quite intensively since it's release and it never crashed, unlike the previous builds.[/quote:2y4b2ol3]

Really? Because I'm still getting the picture editor crash. The "pure virtual function call" from opening the editor a bunch of times.

Other than that I think the new additions are great. The animation and event list features have come a long way.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:58 pm

Interesting bug, when I opened a project I'd made in 0.86.2 in .87, it randomly deleted some of the conditions in some of my events, and wouldnt let me edit these events. I reinstalled .86, and the game was fine again.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:42 am

Think i've come across the same bug...
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:04 pm

That's odd... what conditions are disappearing?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:37 pm

It seems to be to do with any object overlaps, such as colliders. I can't remember exactly which events were deleted, but certainly any conditiond to with colliders overlapping solids were deleted.
Construct doesnt register it as a change to the document either, when I close it, theres no prompt to save, and once I've reinstalled the old version, the events are back in working order.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:02 am

I can't enter the event sheet editor, so i don't really know. I don't even know if it's the same problem. i wrote about what happened to me here: http://www.scirra.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=396
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:31 pm

Sorry about disappearing events, botched something in the event sheet editor...! Back up your .caps and open them again in 0.88 and it should be fixed!
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct Classic Discussion