Construct 0.9 released

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:32 pm

Will update you shortly on how stable I find this build.

EDIT1 - It just crashed when i tried to close a project. I had 3 open. Its definately getting there though. A bug I sent Ashley has been fixed in this build even though i dont think he took a look at it. which is good news.

EDIT 2 - Been using for another 30 mins now. I simply love this program. Seems stable at the moment. Only time will tell.

EDIT 3 - I now have an un-runnable program. Yays. Sending to Ashley...

EDIT 4 - Deleted everything in the frame and it still crashes! Woah :D
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:05 pm

ChrisY: What operating system are you on? Have you tried uninstalling and completely reinstalling?

dingdong: if the download fails maybe your firewall or something blocked it, you can always download the new version from the site and reinstall.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:29 pm

Great Work! This release fixed many of the little things that were bugging me...

And then I found another interesting bug... If you are on the last layout and have an event that says to go to next layout and use a transition it crashes...

Also, is there a way to manually start the updater? It said it failed last time but didn't start again (at least I don't think it did...)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:43 pm

Restart Construct and it will check for updates again, there's no menu option for it yet. If the update fails you can just download the new installer.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:43 pm

Are there any plans to implement activator and 'second activator' objects?

What I mean, is say you have the event "On Solid(1) collides with Solid(2)". The Activator object would refer to the unique ID of Solid(1) and the Second Activator object would refer to the unique ID of Solid(2).

With functions such as this, I could replace the slew of events/functions representing each object colliding with Solid and losing health, with one event that calculates the angle and from that the angular velocity and uses this velocity in conjunction with the mass of the object to scale the damage. Theoretically, since first I need to figure how to calculate angular velocity, and before that I need either some sleep, or some coffee followed by some sleep.
I could replace some 36 events with 1 and have it work better than before.

I'm not sure if any others have noticed a need for this but I certainly have.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:47 pm

I think Families will achieve this: under 'Groups', you can add several objects to a family, eg. 'Friendly'. Then you can make the event:
+ 'Friendly' collides with Solid
which will check for any of the objects in the 'Friendly' family. But you'll quickly run in to problems with 0.9 because using families with movements and private variables isn't yet done - you'll have to wait for me to get round to finishing that I'm afraid!
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:48 pm

Well at least I know it's in the pipeline, and knowing things is something I enjoy. :lol:
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:29 pm

Hell yeah! The dreaded opening-the-picture-editor-a-bunch crash is GONE.

Thank you thank you thank you.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:30 pm

[quote="deadeye":1t13ah26]Hell yeah! The dreaded opening-the-picture-editor-a-bunch crash is GONE.

Thank you thank you thank you.[/quote:1t13ah26]

I second that. That's the only bug I was really concerned with. Thank you for fixing it, Ashley! Once Python is in and everything is about stable, this will probably be my game creation app of choice. :-)
B
G

Post » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:34 pm

[quote="Ashley":8qxzj3cd]ChrisY: What operating system are you on? Have you tried uninstalling and completely reinstalling?
[/quote:8qxzj3cd]
I'm on Windows XP (updated with fixes, service packs etc.), I think I've mentioned this bug and my specs in a PM to you already.

I have tried removing and installing Construct (in fact I remove every update after trying it out so I save time before trying the next version.) but it still won't work. :(

edit: Ah my bad, it wasn't a PM it was posted on sourceforge. But it has been closed for some reason...

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... id=1003219
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion